blog backbdrop

Tuesday 26 October 2021

Friendship & Flowers card

Its been a little while since I have updated my blog so thought I'd share one of the birthday cards that I made a little while back. I started to make it and then there was a large gap before I was able to finish it off, along with something else that was supposed to go with it.


On the  8x8 inch white card blank I used a layer of sage green card followed by one of the design papers from The Dreamees Rose Garden paper pads. Along the edge of the card,  I decoupaged a few leaves and petals of the roses to define the design and add a little dimension.

I also added one of The Dreamees MDF paintbrush embellishments, which I decorated with white jute ribbon to mimic the brush head and a little piece of the luxury wallpaper that I had saved (obtained as a sample) on the brush.

My thinking behind the paintbrush was simply, paint a garden of flowers, friends are the flowers in the garden of life. Instead of paint on a paintbrush, lots of flowers in all shapes and sizes that will be carried in the wind.


For the flowers, I used a mix of Fleurs flower foam, card, vellum, and random snippets from my Dreamees papers.  I wanted my flowers to be quite varied in type and texture and this is where those little dies come in really handy.  From my Dreamees flower dies I used:- Delicate florals, Beautiful Babysun petals, Fancy Florets, Loops & Lace embellishments. I  didn't use a die for the rosettes.


I've added glossy accent for dew drops on petals and a sparkle pen to add a few dots of twinkle here and there.

I created the wording and backed it onto the same sage card and attached it to the antique pink satin ribbon. I also added a flat-backed pearl string and a flower pearl charm onto the paintbrush. 



As these flowers were quite small I had to be careful not to introduce too much heat when finishing the foam flowers, as they had the tendency to keep shrinking. I used a mix of pollen stamens, pearls and gems for the centres.  I love making flowers.



Using another one of the design papers from the Rose Garden paper pad I decorated the gift box I made to put the card in and added a flower that I made using a peony flower stamp.

To go with this card I decorated a dreamcatcher, which will follow in another blog post.

Have a great day whatever you have planned
Happy Crafting







7 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Michelle this is a gorgeous card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

crafty-stamper said...

Very clever design Michelle with the paintbrush and flowers and lovely sentiment -look forward to seeing the Dreamcatcher and thank you for all your comments
Carol x

Chris said...

What a beautiful card Michelle - such a lovely concept and the finished result is gorgeous- a keepsake card to treasure.
xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Michelle. Your card is breathtaking! I love how your places the beautiful brush together with all those gorgeous flowers, wow! I've never seen a decoration like that brush before, fantastic. Thanks for sharing this very unique and beautiful card. Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks for your lovely comments x

aussie aNNie said...

How gorgeous is this card, lively and full of colour. xx

Shabneez said...

Such a pretty card Michelle! I often go back to cards too - I have a number of unfinished ones! Shabneez x

Birthday Card #brave

A quick share today: two cards I made towards the end of last year but not shared. I used the same fabulous stamp by Visible Image and just...