blog backbdrop

Monday 5 November 2018

Christmas Card using Fat Quarters

With Christmas fastly approaching and the last challenge for Daisy Chains  this year, I am sharing my Design Team card for the Winter/Christmas theme.




For this project I used:-
  • C6 pearlescent aperture card
  • Christmas fat quarters
  • wadding
  • Christmas die cuts


This style of card is so quick and easy to make and you don't need that many materials to create a pretty Christmas card that is that little bit different and it won't cost you a fortune to post if you have made a batch.


I used double sided tape to keep the fat quarter in place over the aperture. One square of wadding is ample behind the fat quarter to give the card that cushioned effect.



The Seasons Greetings die is from Tattered Lace and the holly dies were free with a craft magazine.

I love the gold thread in the fat quarter, which highlights the image perfectly.






I have a good selection of these Christmas fat quarters that I picked up this year and have decided that they will be my Christmas cards.

Pop over to the Daisy Chains blog page and see what the rest of the design team have been making.

Happy Crafting




2 comments:

Katie said...

Stunning card

crafty-stamper said...

Thats weird because I know I commented on this card--I have had a few comments missing on blogs lately-blogger throwing a wobbler ???
Beautiful card Michelle and a great idea using the padded fat quarters-love it
Carol x

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...