blog backbdrop

Sunday 18 November 2018

November Blog Challenge - Add a Sketch

For this months blog challenge over on Let's Craft and Create it's an ATG/Add a sketch.
So I thought I'd sketch one of my favourite characters,  Emily - The Corpe Bride to add to my card.





I love the tale of the Corpse Bride and I'm a big fan of Tim Burton.  They always tend to put this on the TV over Christmas.






I used the Spider Web Frame die by Tattered Lace on mirri board, some mulberry paper flowers inked with Tim Holtz distress oxide in soot.  Finished off with a little festive ribbon for the bow




I wanted the flowers to look smoky and quite crusty so added some drops of crackle glossy accent to the petals for a more distressed effect and the centres from my Tattered Lace poppy dies.



For the veil, I used form ivory webbing, which also added a little more texture to the card.



Pop over to the Let's Craft and Create blog page and see what the rest of the design team have been making. There is a $10 gift voucher for the winner.

Happy Crafting

4 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

WOW brilliant card Michelle love the sketch,fabulous texture and great die-cut spider web
Carol x

jane stillman said...

This is absolutely fabulous. Love the image and cobweb. The flowers are brilliant too

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you very much ladies x

Katie said...

Fabulous card and sketch

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...