blog backbdrop

Wednesday 11 September 2024

Froggy Clock Seat WOYWW 797

I've finally finished this little chair that I have been meaning to make for my frog. I had originally intended to make a little frog house but when I got the dies out to create it, I realised that the proportions for my idea were far too small.


I'm linking up to the weekly blog hop for 'What's on my workdesk Wednesday' ( WOYWW), where we all see what everyone has been doing. If you'd like to know more about it, then please visit Sarahscraftshed.co.uk

So on my desk, I die cut grey board using the Pretty Gets Gritty Pretty Alarming die set. This is a really cool dimension set and I thought it would make a great 'upcycled alarm clock seat' for Des my little frog to sit and chill.

I also die cut some cogs and foliage to decorate the front of the clock chair along with some brick dies from the Pretty Gothic Window die set.


I discovered 'Des' in this wonderful little shop called Nervous Wreck Designs whilst on holiday on the Isle of Wight and being a lover of hand made crafts and falling for this cutie in its stripy jumper, it inspired me to build some kind of abode for him.


To make the shelf for his mug of tea, I just die cut an extra panel and glued it to the outside of the clock with matt gel medium.

I used cream gesso as a base and then added sand texture paste around the edges and to the cogs and embellishments.



Inside the clock I painted it with the Pretty Whipped Mousse in Sea Breeze. This mousse is lovely and rich with a great metallic sheen. I did add a little water to paint inside and  a little goes a long way.  I teamed that up with the l
ucky emerald antique brilliance art alchemy wax from Finnabair, inside.


I found some faux grass that I had bought in The Flying Tiger years ago, I love that shop , it has some great random stuff in there that you think you might use one day.

The lily pads were from a Debbi Moore digital download cardmaking  kit that I had. After cutting them out I sprayed them with varnish to gloss them.


I've added a little lucky emerald antique brilliance art alchemy wax  all around the edges of the upcycled clock seat and over the sand texture paste. 

Over the foliage I've gently rubbed a little vintage silk opal magic wax  for a hint of shimmer and I've also added a few of the vintage pearls along with some embellishments to finish it off.


Not forgetting the back, where I have stencilled part of a sunflower using one of Visible Images stencils with texture paste and added a touch of wax to highlight.


Des got his name from the biggest frog in our pond (which was also named by my son).
He resides in my bedroom on my dressing table in his quirky little seat.

 
And here is a picture of the original Des who lives in our pond. Well summer feels like it has departed and I have been tidying up in the garden getting it ready for Autumn. I Just have some crocus bulbs to pop into my lawn .

Have a great day,  whatever you have planned for yourself.

Happy Crafting



Challenges:

MixItUp - AG



22 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

There is so much to love in your post today from the wonderfully named Des (love it!) to the gorgeous green you painted the little grotto in to the shelf for his mug of tea, I enjoyed looking at it all. Thank you for sharing this wonderful little work or art - you’re a clever gal to see die pieces for a clock and turn it into a Froggy Chill Pad, lol!
Hugs LLJ 8 xx

Anonymous said...

Lovely to meet Des! His little house is great and I'm particularly fond of the little cup holder - everyone needs one of those! Best wishes, Lisa-Jane #13

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I love both of your frogs and the chair is just perfect. We have frogs in our garden but most of them are quite small and occasionally a large toad. We have to be very careful at night when we go out as they are not quick at getting out of the way. Wishing you a happy woyww, hugs Angela x12x

Lisca said...

Oh what a lovely little perch for Des the frog! And I absolutely adore his little shelf and mug!
And it was nice to meet the original Des too.
Happy WOYWW,
Lisca

KarinsArtScrap said...

this looks great and cute Michelle.....gr karin

crafty-stamper said...

WOW love the fabulous seat you made for your cute little colourful frog. Love the stencilled back and beautiful green mousse and how brilliant a little shelf for his mug of tea!!!
Carol x

Helen said...

That is such a gorgeous resting place for your frog, you have been so clever! Happy WOYWW Helen #2

Annie said...

I love Des and what a wonderful job you’ve done with making his chair….i love it.
Hugs, Annie x #16

Twiglet said...

What a brilliant post Michelle. Your little frog looks totally at home on his wonderful little seat. I love all the details. x x Jo 🌈

Liz said...

A wonderful creation for your cute little frog. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week.
Liz xx

My name is Cindy said...

What a super little project! Des is so gorgeous - I love his stripey jumper too. Thanks for sharing. Have a great week, love n hugs Cindyxx #7

Crafting With Jack said...

What a fabulous home/chair for Des. Brilliant job! I am painting the stag not doing decoupage, but of course if I make a mess…. Happy WOYWW. Angela #15

Gail L said...

Wonderful chair for Des!
Thank you for sharing it with us at Allsorts!

brenda said...

What tremendous fun and so textural, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts challenge.

We have one or two Des's as well, one got stranded in the horses water trough the other day, apparently too far to jump out so had to have assistance!

B x

Susan Renshaw said...

That is an amazing frog seat!
Loved the pic of Des too!
Happy WOYWW! Susan #3

Sarah Brennan said...

What a fabulous creation for that cute frog find Michelle. Love the step by step details too - it looks so impressive finished. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah

BJ said...

Absolutely delightful, I'd have snapped up the stripy frog too he's gorgeous. His new home is so fitting to such an adorable character, love the green shimmer and the pearls too. Would love to see frogs in my mini pond but nothing since I dug is in 2021. Hugs BJ#6

coldwaters2 said...

Wow this is one spectacular project it is so beautiful the detail is amazing thank you for joining us at Allsorts
hugs
lolo x

Valerie-Jael said...

This is so beautiful, what a great idea. It reminds me of childhood tales, like the Wind in the Willows et. Hugs!

Neet said...

Wow! Love the frog pad (sorry - 'house') - it is wonderful. You are like my friend Jayne, iyou can see something and see some other way of using it. I can't. To turn this clock into a frog home is brilliant and all the work you put into it has turned it ito a beautiful piece of art in itself. Love everything about it.
Hugs, Neet 1 xx

Lisca said...

Hi, It's me again, Lisca(10) from WOYWW.You kindly commented on my blogpost, but I think you commented on the wrong post. Here is the correct link:
https://scrappingcavewoman.blogspot.com/2024/09/woyww-wednesday-11-september-2024.html
Lisca

Darlene said...

OMGosh ... how unique and fun! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our STENCIL FUN challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth,Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power, Love Those Pretty Papers

Krishna Birthday Card #WOYWW 798

Sharing a birthday card commissioned for a friend and I based my card around their  chosen image. I'm linking up to the weekly blog hop ...