blog backbdrop

Sunday 20 June 2021

Brush Art

I was inspired by a lot of the paintbrush art that is about at the moment and as I had a paintbrush mdf embellishment sheet by the Dreamees, I thought that I would attempt to create my interpretation in a smaller form.



These 2mm mdf paintbrush embellishment sheets are really easy to store away until you need to use them and also prevent smaller elements from getting broken, as well as making it easier to colour whilst in the carrier sheet.  The paintbrushes are about 12.5cm tall.


To recreate the brush head, I used raffia/jute ribbon and added a panel to the brush which I created out of cardboard, then painted with a little Dreamees silver dinky inkies reinker.

For the splash of paint on the end of the brush, I mixed a little strawberry fields sparkle dinky inkie with some structure paste.  I used some mini scrabble letters from my stash to embellish. I saved all the letters from an old travel game.....as, like always, think these things might come in handy in my crafting.


I added a slender paintbrush and glitter bottle using gel medium to stick them down as it gives a clear strong bond, especially on mixed media surfaces.  The 'Inspire' wording was also from one of my Dreamees embellishment sheets and mixed a little structure paste with my dinky inkies to get a textured topping on the letters, not forgetting a little drip on the button that I used for the 'i'. Another really handy mdf embellishment sheet they have are the faux bulldog clips; which I have painted and added to the base of the brush.


I covered the handle of my brush in some remnants of glitter paper that I had and really liked the colourways. The mdf brushes are light enough to add to a card if you just wanted to paint or just add your papers to them too.

I am enjoying making smaller projects, perhaps as my crafting pace has had to slow down to a crawl now at times, as long as I feel inspired to create something, no matter what it is then I will keep going.

Have a great day, whatever you have planned
Happy Crafting








6 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Michelle this is a gorgeous project. Have a good day. Take care. Hugs Jackie

crafty-stamper said...

Love how you decorated the little paintbrushI have an old one to decorate not even started yet only been a year lol-love all your little embellishments
Carol x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks very much ladies and I'd love to see that when you get a chance to do it Carol. Another one of those project, that I've always fancied doing x

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant love this design x

pinky said...

You have such an eye for detail, this is just amazing and would look so good when displayed!!

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you so much x

WOYWW #777

Happy 'What's on Your desk Wednesday!' This is my first contribution to the blog, that I came across the other day, so I thought...