blog backbdrop

Monday 17 May 2021

Go fly a kite

Today I am sharing two inspirational cards that I have made using the digi stamps from this month's progressive monthly digi stamp challenge from Imagine that digistamp.


As I took part in last month's challenge  I was sent this month's digi kit; Go fly a Kite, to use in this month's challenge. As I am not a colourist, I tend to choose the pre-coloured option and decoupage areas to add dimension where I choose to.


I think these digi stamps are really cute and like the inspirational sentiments. After just over a year of being in and out of lockdown, sending cards to say hi, how are you? seems to be on the increase again which is a great thing. 

It really doesn't cost a lot to put a smile on someone's face to show that you are thinking of them. It just takes a little more time out of your day to do something thoughtful for someone else, no matter how small, that could make a world of difference to them.


I used some papers from my stash and a little silver thread for my kites.  I remember flying kites when I was little, running what seemed like a half marathon to get the kite off the ground and then hanging on for dear life as it shot off like a catherine wheel in all directions...


Why not check out the Imagine that digistamp blog challenge and the inspiration from the other crafters that have joined in too. 
Have a great start to your week and enjoy your day whatever you have planned.
Happy Crafting.




11 comments:

Kristine said...

Love them both Michelle! I love how you added cord for the Kite string 😊 thanks so much for playing at Imagine That Digistamp this month! Happy crafting!

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous cards Michelle, a great way to make other people happy! A lot of people fly kites here by the Rhine, I always love watching them. Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

Jackie T said...

Hi Michelle this is a gorgeous pair of cards. They are just so sweet. Have a good week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Chris said...

Two simply adorable cards- cute images, lovely designs and the decoupage looks great. Perfect makes to lift the spirits!
xx

crafty-stamper said...

Both beautiful cards Michelle love the papers and cute paper pieced images
Carol x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

thanks very much for your lovely comments x

Shabneez said...

Adorable creations Michelle! Shabneez x

Helen said...

Two really cute cards - love how you created the card strings!

Thanks for joining us at Imagine That Digistamp.

Helen x

Deanne Saunders said...

Adorable cards!!! Thanks so much for participating in our IMAGINE THAT! PROGRESSIVE challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafting day!! Stay safe and healthy!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

pinky said...

They are both super sweet, love the soft colour palettes you have used.

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you so much x

WOYWW #777

Happy 'What's on Your desk Wednesday!' This is my first contribution to the blog, that I came across the other day, so I thought...