blog backbdrop

Sunday 5 September 2021

Wild Wishes

It's been a while since I have posted anything as unfortunately, I have had a break from crafting, so have some catching up to do. September is here already and it's the start of our blog challenge at Daisy Chains with a wildlife theme. As with all our challenges, they are also ATG.


Over the summer break, I did visit the zoo, one of my favourite places as there is always so much to see and always something new each time I go. So I thought I would make a birthday card using some safari fat quarters that I had been given which are just the perfect size for cards.


I chose the zebra and created a small aperture card with a little wadding to pad out the fat quarter, which was to form the topper on my card.


I used some zebra print backing paper from my stash and some tropical leaves with I downloaded online and inked the edges with one of my dinky inkies in crocodile. These did take me quite a while to cut out as I didn't have any die cuts but I'm a pretty slow crafter these days anyway so what was leftover I will keep for another project, which will be really handy.


I  used an off white 6 x 6-inch deckle edge card blank to match the aperture topper and found my label printer (which I wish that I had found ages ago!) to create the sentiment.

The rest of our design team have also been making some lovely projects this month, along with so many great crafters on our blog every month. It's always lovely to see the inspiration everyone shares. Please use the link below to take you to the blog challenge and thanks for the visit.


Happy crafting







4 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Michelle this is a stunning card. Take care. Hugs Jackie

crafty-stamper said...

WOW love the fabulous Zebra fat quarter-perfect size for a card,great B.paper and tropical leaves -can't believe you fussy cut those!
Carol x

pinky said...

This is so striking and perfectly embellished!!

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you so much x

Birthday Card #brave

A quick share today: two cards I made towards the end of last year but not shared. I used the same fabulous stamp by Visible Image and just...