blog backbdrop

Wednesday 7 August 2024

Mini Beach Hut - WOYWW 792

I thought I'd share a cute little project that I have made using a mini beach hut kit that I bought on holiday recently.


It's also been a while since I've linked up with the weekly WOYWW group too (what's on your work Wednesday) over on Sarah's Craft Shed, as I haven't blogged since I've been back, so I've got some catching up to do.




On my desk are the contents of the kit which I bought on the Isle of Wight. I did see loads of these made up whilst there and thought they were a great little project to make up or just gift. The chalk paint is good quality and there was ample left over. These little kits are made by TrudibridgemanDesign.


I love diorama and had seen examples of these little huts with embellishments, so added a few of my own. 
 
I made my seagull out of air dry clay ...he's a bit of a big bird....more penguin sized than seagull I think but perhaps he's had one too many chips. I do quite like his crooked little beak.


I then decided to create my own little surf board from a balsa wood craft tag that I had in my stash. It was thin enough to cut in half with a craft knife and then sand down to make two little surf board shapes.

I used one of my small stamps on the surf board and added a little sand and alpine grit to the base for a more seaside feel. I did have some tiny sea shells  in my craft stash but I didn't think they were quite right for this project.


We had a fantastic break on this beautiful Island and was incredibly lucky with the weather too. I know need to get creating on a quirky dwelling for a little frog, which should be my next project.

Have a great day,  whatever you have planned for yourself.

Happy Crafting











16 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Nice to see you back after your holiday! I love that beach hut so much, it’s so cute and I think your additions really worked, it looks fab!
Hugs LLJ 3 xx

Sarah Brennan said...

Love all the extra finishing touches to the beach hut project Michelle. Glad you had a good break. I must visit the Isle of Wight some day. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah

Lynnecrafts said...

I love your little beach hut, Michelle. Your seagull is fab too and, as I live near the Kent coast, I know they do love their chips! It’s a few years since I’ve visited the Isle of Wight, but I have fond memories of it so I’m glad you enjoyed it.
Take care and happy WOYWW
hugs
Lynnecrafts 9 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Your beach hut is adorable, love it to bits. Your plans for the new project sounds good. look forward to seeing it. Happy woyww, Angela x10x

crafty-stamper said...

Glad you enjoyed your break, fabulous beach hut and love the seagull and the surf board you made. Thank you for your lovely comments-much appreciated.
Carol x

Helen said...

the beach hut looks great, what a fab kit! I've not been to the Isle of Wight for years. the photo takes me back. Helen #2

Valerie-Jael said...

I want to live in that little hut, so beautiful!

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's very beautiful Michelle.........gr karin

Mary Anne said...

What an adorable hut. Love it. The seagull is FAB!
A bit late but Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (5)

Crafting With Jack said...

Such a fabulous little project. You could easily have a whole village. I did pop and see Trudie.’s designs on Etsy. Have a great week. Angela #11

Lisa-Jane said...

We live opposite the Isle Of Wight and love to go over and visit but the boat fare is a bit prohibitive! Your project turned out great and how lovely to have a momento that you've created yourself too. Sending everyone a peaceful week, Lisa-Jane #12 www.prettymypage.co.uk

BJ said...

Adore your little beach hut and the surfboard addition. The Isle of Wight looks lovely. It was completely overcast when we went there many moons ago couldn't even see the needles! Hugs BJ#8

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! What an amazing project. We went to the IOW many years ago too, it was howling storm, we couldn't get out of the bus. British weather for you :) x

Spyder said...

I love your little beach hut!! Glad you had a great time over on the island, it's like going back in time there! Did you go down on the chair left?? I still have a free pass on the ferry, I wonder if they'd let me still use it. Its valid for another three years. Sorry I'm a bit late!! Thank you for your visit! Been a bit busy ! Have a great weekend and next week too! Happy WOYWW ((Lyn)) #14

Susan Renshaw said...

What a cute beach hut! Happy WOYWW! Susan #1

mamawcindy said...

What a fun kit. Turned out so cute, Love the added seagull and surfboard. Have a great week!
cindys-greencricut

Froggy Clock Seat WOYWW 797

I've finally finished this little chair that I have been meaning to make for my frog. I had originally intended to make a little frog ho...