I made these birthday cards a few months ago, ahead of time, as I knew I wouldn't be crafting for a while.
For my card base, I used a 7 x 7" card base to create this shaped card and layered these beautiful papers onto gold mirri card.
From Opulence by Design Crafts Hollywood Glamour Collection, I used the Lights, Camera Action cardmaking digital download kit along with Amanda's Fussy Cut Perfect Petal Pink Flower digital download sheet.
These fantasy flowers are beautiful and ideal for foiling too; there are samples of them online. I used my Sakura Twilight Gelly Roll pen around the edges of my blooms ( I use this pen all the time) and added gems in the centres. These flowers have their own faux gem centres that can be blinged up with a little glitter glue.
The Topper was printed onto glossy cardstock. I used just one piece of my chosen backing paper for the card (careful trimming a little off the card base and maximising the paper left for the panels meant I used all the paper and didn't need to print more off).
The backing paper was printed on 140 gsm Pure Print Paper from Craft Master.
I bought a pack when it was on offer from Highlight Crafts, and wanted to see whether it was as good as everyone told me it was. I must admit, I was impressed with the quality and choosing a detailed design paper was a good way to test that.
I have also used an iridescent glitter pen to add some shimmer to areas of my paper (this was a Crafters Companion one that still works) and added some foliage - a few rose leaves and fern leaves. This is my favourite of both cards and designs.
For my second Birthday card, I used the Midnight Muse Cardmaking digital download mini kit from the Hollywood Glamour Collection along with Amanda's Fussy Cut Perfect Petal Blue Flower digital download sheet.
The topper was printed on glossy cardstock, and this time I used a sheet of Pink Frogs white Pearlescent paper to print the backing paper for my card. This paper is really sturdy and is fantastic quality. It leaves a gentle shimmer on your paper and was a bargain at £4 when I bought it!
Experimenting with different mediums to print on can really extend how you use your digital downloads; sometimes it's trial and error to see what works for you, and I have found packs of unopened printable glossy card in charity shops, which are always handy to have in your stash.
I added gems and a little shimmer to my flowers along with the fussy cut single rose leaves. Again, I've edged these blooms with a Sakura Twilight gelly roll pen.
There are quite a few of these beautiful flowers in this range now to complement your projects; the tiny flowers were die cut from pearlescent card.
I made a dimensional envelope for both cards, and as they were hand delivered, there was no worry about them getting squished in the post.
Thanks for stopping by today to view my little crafty space.
Opulence by Design Crafts has a fantastic variety of digital download kits for your crafty needs, including a mini blog for inspiration. They also have a variety of crafting booklets for those who can not print their crafty designs. I use a lot of their designs because I really enjoy crafting with them.
Challenges
Creative Creases - fun folds
Creative Fingers - AG







No comments:
Post a Comment