blog backbdrop

Thursday 18 October 2018

October Blog Challenge card

For this month's blog challenge over on Let's Craft and Create the theme is paper strips instead of ribbon. Whilst sorting through my paper stash, I noticed I had a lot of random strips of paper from the same colour family but not quite big enough for a project. Ideal for a little card when combined together.

 

The card actually measures 6 x5 inches. I started by cutting my patterned paper into 1 inch strips. 
I chose 4 colourways that I thought went together well and started from the right hand corner, working down the card.
I left an equal gap around each paper strip as well as the outside border of the card



I used the same hammered card to die cut the word "hi" and backed it onto some red card to highlight it on the card.

I thought a nice red poppy would finish it off perfectly as well as highlight the patterned papers. The poppy was made using Fleurs Flower Forming Foam and the Tattered Lace swift poppy die.



I have used black card for the stamens with a black pearl in the centre of the flower. The leaf was from the Fleurs chrysanthemum leaf die set.

Tattered Lace Swift Poppy


This very fine foam is very pliable and durable, enabling you to make the petals of your flower very lifelike especially if you add colour to the edges. Adding a little more texture to your cards.



You could even make a selection of paper strip toppers from your paper stash and put them away to add to cards at a later date.  Less time pondering on a colour scheme when you need to make a card.

Pop over to the Let's Craft and Create blog page and see what the rest of the design team have been making. There is a $10 gift voucher for the winner.

Happy Crafting


4 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

A great idea for scraps I always keep strips and love the beautiful poppy
Carol x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks very much Carol x

Gwyneth said...

This card looks great. I like your patchwork of papers.
GG

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you very much Gwyneth, the papers went together better than I had thought x

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...