blog backbdrop

Wednesday 5 June 2019

Music lovers birthday card

This months challenge over on Let's Craft and Create blog is   "you're the man"
So with that in mind, my DT card that I am sharing is a music oriented one.

 Sometimes male cards can be challenging to make if you are looking for something a little different, so a music themed card covers male, female and teenagers.


I have used my Visible Image stamps which work perfectly for this style of card onto a Tim Holtz distress oxide background.

For the background, I used Tim Holtz distress oxides in candied apple, salty ocean, peacock feathers, wild honey and twisted citron.



I tend to use two colours at a time on a craft mat, spritz a little water to bring out the chalky colour in the inks and add a few drops of glycerine which helps the inks blend together. Although these inks layer up brilliantly, I would recommend that you dry each layer first before adding more colour, this will lessen the risk of "muddying" the colours.

I tend to do all my backgrounds at the same time and each one is always different. If you work on a larger piece of card, you can cut it down to your desired size catching the colourway you want.

The largest stamp from the Visible Image Ripple Effect background stamp set was heat embossed using cosmic shimmer metallic copper embossing powder on both sides of the card to give the illusion of sound waves. Then I used the Visible Image Music on World off stamp set to form the rest of my card.


I used a combination of stamping and heat embossing with black versafine ink and embossing powder for some more texture and some glossy accent on the music notes.



I do love Visible Image stamps.  They have a very unique style about them and are extremely versatile as well as being strong and very detailed.





Have a look at the inspiration provided by the rest of the design team on Let's Craft and Create Blog this month and the entries for this months challenge.  There is a prize for the winning entry.

Happy Crafting

5 comments:

Katie said...

These are gorgeous

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks very much Katie I love using oxides x

Jackie T said...

Hi Michelle these cards are stunning. Those stamps are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

crafty-stamper said...

Stunning cards MIchell love the inked backgrounds and fabulous stamps,definitely ideal for teenagers.
Carol x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks very much ladies x

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...