blog backbdrop

Wednesday 15 May 2024

Ella - Birthday Card WOYWW #880

I have been making a card for an upcoming family birthday and wanted to use the Ella stamp from BellArt.


This is what has been on my desk.  I've been doing a bit of stamping and find it easy with these kinds of stamps. I'm joining up again with  What's on your desk Wednesday - WOYWW, follow the link if you are interested to see what like minded folk have been up to.

have the Ella stamp from BellArt and I really like this one, it's not just a beautiful stamp but a good sized open one that can be coloured with your distress inks, which is exactly what I have done.


I also have some flowers from the stamp set that I have stamped, coloured and cut out whilst watching the TV. I normally like cutting my flowers out whilst watching something. I used my favourite shaped decoupage scissors that I find are easy to cut with.  I'm a slow crafter now, so I take my time with everything.

Bella Tapp has created 3 stamps as part of this collection and I will be using the others
in future projects.  She has also created a colouring guide on her website and explains how and what she uses to colour her beautiful stamped images.

I found this really helpful and have also watched her demo her stamps with Debbi Moore Designs.  It gave me more confidence with my stamping and colouring.

I have used Antique Linen and Tea Dye distress ink for the skin tone and a mix of Tea Dye and a little Vintage Photo distress ink for the hair, with a little Worn Lipstick distress ink for the cheeks.


These flowers are so pretty and I love my flowers, they also stamp perfectly too.

I wanted these to be lightweight so I thought I'd see how they would look stamped onto my 120gsm white Navigator paper (for colour documents - in the yellow wrapper). This is my go-to paper for printing as it's smooth and gives good results. I mainly also use it for my digital printing and that makes it a great all rounder.

I used Memento ink to stamp my flowers and alcohol pens lightly, to colour them in. I dried them gently with a heat gun before adding another layer of colour and even added a shimmer of iridescent glitter with a clear overlay pen. The paper copes quite well with the ink as long as you don't flood it. I am mindful that it is only 120gsm.


I've mounted my stamped image onto a 6 x6 inch white card blank with a coral layer and added a stamped sentiment.

News from my garden -  Our Robins have fledged to the back of the garden and into the bushes where we now believe there are some young dunnocks too. So quite cosy in there. Hoping to spot them about once they take flight.

What have you got planned for the day? Whatever it is, I hope it is a good one for you.




Challenges


29 comments:

Twiglet said...

Lovely artwork - those little flowers are so sweet. x x Jo

Lisa-Jane said...

Lovely news about the robins - it sounds like an ornithological house of multiple occupancy in your bushes! I'm totally in love with your card & the hair made of flowers which I think is absolutely inspired. Happy anniversary, Lisa-Jane #18 www.prettymypage.co.uk

ukmaryanne said...

Breaking with long-standing tradition to comment even on Google-sign in blogs :D just for the anniversary!
Love your card - the cascade of flowers is really pretty, and the face beautifully coloured. Whatever will I do if WOYWW stops? I depend on all the cardmakers here for inspiration :)
Happy 15th Anniversary WOYWW!
Mary Anne (5)

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely gorgeous card and image-love the beautiful flowers and colouring of the image.Good news about the fledgling Robins and Dunnocks.
Carol x

BJ said...

Love the flowers in her hair card so pretty. Hugs BJ#11

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Michelle, lovely card. Bet you had fun making that. Happy woyww 15th Anniversary with hugs Angela x17x

Crafting With Jack said...

Fabulous card. I had not heard of Bella before, but I had a Quick Look at her website. I think they are the best female stamps I have seen. They look like real people if you know what I mean. I couldn’t see what the postage costs were, but I will have a proper look later. I love the flowers too. Perfect colouring. Happy 15th anniversary. Angela #19

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful colouring and stamp Michelle, I'll have to try the face colours, they look so good, as do the flowers, beautifully cut out too. I love the Navigator paper, love the 160g too. I also find it good for Oxides. x

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a very beautiful card Michelle......gr karin

Sarah Brennan said...

Beautiful use of the flowers Michelle. Stay safe and happy 15th anniversary WOYWW. Sarah #9

Helen said...

I have pots and pots of flowers like that and not used any for years (what a surprise!) the card is beautiful. Good to hear about the robins ad dunnocks. Happy WOYWW Helen #6

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What an amazing birthday card. Most impressive and I love the dimensional flowers. I understand my U.S. robins and your robins are a bit different in design, but obviously not in nature and habits. Happy WOYWW 780 from # 1.

Annie said...

I've had a very busy, full on sort of day so I'm late visiting but determined to call in on every one to wish you a happy anniversary.
Hugs,
Annie x #13

Chris said...

She's a real beauty Michelle, love how you've coloured her hair with those pretty flowers, a lovely idea. xx

Robyn said...

beautiful card and ink blending! Happy 15th! robyn 3

Cheryl W said...

The image is so beautiful, made moreso by your addition of those lovely flowers.

Cardsbymaaike said...

That's awesome, I love the flowers for her hair. Thank you for playing at the AAA Birthday Card Challenges

My name is Cindy said...

Such a pretty card! Thanks for the visit. Cindyxx #20

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful card, love the flowers. Have fun with he robins! Hugs, Valerie

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful card, love the flowers. Have fun with he robins! Hugs, Valerie

Catie Cuddles said...

Absolutely gorgeous!
Thanks for joining us at Addicted to stamps and more.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

Darlene said...

Beautifully crafted! What an awesome card design! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Owner
Sisterhood of Crafters
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple BWord Power

Shabneez said...

Stunning card Michelle! I'm sure your family member will love it! Shabneez x

Ellibelle said...

Absolutely beautiful with all those pretty flowers!
Thank you so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What a gorgeous design and wonderful idea to use the flowers to define her hair, love it. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
Lorraine

Natascha said...

Hi Michelle!
Love your card. Great coloring, layout and all the flowers are gorjuss. Thank you very much for joining us at Stamps&Fun=CREATIVITY Challenge.
Hugs, Natasha

J.J said...

Love, love, love this! This is stunning - those flowers are beautiful and perfectly placed. Thanks for sharing your project at A Place To Start !

foleysfriend said...

So pretty. I love that you used the flowers for her hair. Very unique and clever. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

sue n.

Chana Malkah said...

Fabulous project! Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner

Tink The Bear Birthday Card WOYWW 799

Sharing a birthday card that I have made for my friend's daughters birthday using the Tink The Bear Cardmaking digital download kit by ...