blog backbdrop

Tuesday 5 November 2019

Christmas/Winter card

Sharing my DT card for the challenge over on Daisy Chains blog challenge for our Christmas/Winter theme this month.


 


Apart from my samples, this is my first Christmas card of the season and yes, its a Dreamees card (apart from a few bits and pieces).



By the fire

Whilst having a sort through my craft stuff I rediscovered lots of my favourite stamps and thought that I really needed to make more use of these.  With new craft designs constantly coming out, we are inspired to want to try something new and before you know it you are running out of space!

As crafters, we are constantly evolving and moving on to something new but I always come back to where my enjoyment of stamping started.






For this project I have used:-


  • Dreamees By the Fire stamp set
  • Dreamees Wonderful Wintertime (for the Holly)
  • 6 x 6 square cream scalloped edged card
  • gold glitter card
  • Tattered Lace Christmas backing paper (from one of their magazines)
  • red card stock from my stash
  • red satin gingham ribbon
  • green organza ribbon
  • red bakers twin
  • bead and christmas tree lights from a broken bracelet
  • square nested stitched dies to layer up the square panels
  • scrap of weathered wood backing paper from the Dreamees Textures cd
  • Dreamees dinky inkies (sparkle and pearlescent inks)






For the holly I used the Dreamees Wonderful Wintertime stamp set  and the "Joy" stamp for the centre of the wreath from the Dreamees Reindeers and Rocking horses set. All these stamps work together.







I always have a stash of unusual or odd bits and pieces saved along the way and knew my (once) flashing Christmas lights bracelet would come in handy when it sadly got broken last year.

They made a handy Christmas light embellishment for my card.



A little frosted lace stickles on the stocking tops, glossy accent on my clock on the mantle and glitter pen on the flames and wreaths to finish of my Christmas themed card.

Pop over to our Christmas/Winter blog challenge this month on Daisy Chains blog challenge and take a look at the rest of the inspiration from the design team along with the creative inspiration from the rest of the entries.

Happy Crafting


6 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card Michelle love all the little stamps and brilliant fairy lights
Carol x

Jackie T said...

Hi Michelle this is a stunning card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

CrystalFire said...

Lovely Christmas card - and great use of the broken bracelet for fairy lights! Very ingenious!
Carolyn x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank very much for your comments x

Nataliascraft said...

Wonderful Christmas card and fab design.
Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comment x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks very much Natalia x

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...