blog backbdrop

Thursday 5 March 2020

New Baby Card

I thought I would share some new baby cards that I made toward the end of last year using a notebook die set I have and as the theme this month on our blog challenge on Daisy Chains is "dies" I thought that it would be very apt.



The dies I used for my cards were:-

  • Tattered Lace Notebook die
  • Tattered Lace Little Star Elephant die from the Magazine Issue 65
  • Tonic Ornate Easel
 

The magazine also had a lovely selection of papers and I used the pink clouds along with the polka dots for the cards. These also came in blue as well as the charisma papers of Little Star the elephant.  These papers are also available to download for free directly from the Tattered Lace website.
After clicking on the link, scroll down to Issue 65 Little Star Charisma Download.





I had a sheet of scrapbook paper with children's books on it so decided to cut a few out and add them to a pastel pink vellum page that I had created at the back of the card.

Both cards have an acetate top panel where I have printed a personal verse and details of the birth.



In the centre I have added some pink satin ribbon with a strip of pearls by Hobby House, adding single pearls throughout the pages of the card along with small nappy pin paper embellishment and small flowers from some of my flower die collections that had charisma papers with them.



I used a spectrum noir clear overlay sparkle pen on the balloon, cloud and bird on my elephant die just to lift it a little.

This card easel by Tonic is perfect as a card stand, not only is pretty but just the right size and shape (131mm x103 mm) and has been die cut from 300gsm centura pearl snow white card stock.

I haven't made a baby card in a while and then I have two together. These little girls were born within days of each other. I don't tend to make identical cards or projects, I like them to differ albeit a little in some way.

Have a look at what the rest of our design team have been making this month along with the rest of the inspiration provided by the other crafters on our blog challenge every month.











Happy Crafting
Michelle





5 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Michelle this is absolutely stunning I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Shabneez said...

Fabulous card Michelle! Shabneez x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you ladies x

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous baby card Michelle love the cute elephant,beautiful papers and bling
Carol x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

thanks very much Carol x

Gothic Fairy Arch

I've finished my Gothic fairy arch and have a few pictures to share with you and I'm also going to add it to one of the monthly chal...