blog backbdrop

Thursday 5 March 2020

Spring is coming - Hedgehog card

As Spring battles its way through the floods from the endless rain another challenge is about to start on our blog at Let's Craft and Create with a Spring theme for Easter.





Instead of Easter bunnies or eggs, I have decided to share a hedgehog card. I've had many resident hedgehogs over the years and this year has been rather unsettling for our spikey friend.

With the unpredictable temperatures, it means hedgehogs have not been hibernating through the winter as they should do. From around April to March they awake from their slumber and go searching for food.

So, I can not think of a better woodland wonder to dedicate my card to than this little spikey wonder.

I have used:-

  • 6 x 6-inch cream scalloped edge card blank
  • Tattered Lace notebook hedgehog die with matching charisma 
  • Tattered Lace large Hello die
  • Tattered Lace autumnal ivy
  • Tattered Lace mixed foliage dies
  • Hessian
  • patterned backing paper
  • kraft card
  • small piece of raffia & string
  • coffee pearls



I printed the hedgehog charisma onto cream card and then die cut it before shaping the topper for my card. The charisma for the hedgehog and other animals in this collection can be downloaded for free directly from the Tattered Lace website.




This particular die was made to work with the notebook from Tattered Lace but as you can see, I think it works well as a topper on a card. 





I added a little more colour to his back to add a little more depth using one of my ink pads and some glossy accent to his eyes and nose.




A rare daytime sighting of my little thirsty friend on a very hot day last year.

Have a look at what the rest of our design team have been making this month over on our page.  There is a prize for the winning entry and a badge for your blog for the runners up. Also lots of inspiration from the rest of bloggers on our page which is always lovely to see.










Happy Crafting
Michelle



4 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Michelle this is a stunning creation. That hedgehog is just so cute. Take care. Hugs Jackie

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you Jackie x

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely gorgeous Card Michelle love the little hedgehog and hessian strip-the 3-D effect leaves are beautiful too
Carol x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

thanks very much Carol x

Gothic Fairy Arch

I've finished my Gothic fairy arch and have a few pictures to share with you and I'm also going to add it to one of the monthly chal...