blog backbdrop

Wednesday 15 April 2020

Duo Dies Stash Launch

Following the launch of the Duo Dies Stash collection on Create & Craft TV  today, I am sharing my samples for the show.

With the Star of Bethlehem die, which looks like a lilly, I tried to use different mediums with this lovely flower to do it justice simply because I am not a colourist, so it gave me a good excuse to get my mica powders out.






 So on black card, I used my metallic mica powders and was really happy with the result, which gave flower a rather exotic look and totally different texture look to them as well.






I made this card into an acetate tent fold card with a vellum layer.






 Then I found some rather coarse lemon vellums, die cut it and made some flowers out of it using the outline die.





 I curled the tips of the petals with a quilling tool (a pair of tweezers would suffice) and thought this looked more like a dog rose. I used the same die to make the leaves.






And for a more traditional look a sympathy card which I think this die really lends its self to perfectly.  Those type of cards we always find difficult to send.







I have used a white pearlescent card for the lilly. The white Star of Bethlehem would also look lovely on a celebration card.






 Then we have our Body die and here are a few ways that she could be used. 








These dies have been paper pieced. A collection of smaller cards, neater cards.







I did think that this hamster was really cute and particularly liked the daisy die that he was holding and liked that it was also a separate die.  I did some colouring on this one with promarkers.










I made a small stepper card our of a card blank and decided these daisies needed a little colour in their life.












With this Call me die, I coloured the white card with promarkers, adding some glossy accent to the dial and black card to the background die. I made a simple background for my telephones to sit on.








Here, I have paper pieced the telephone for this invite.


A small stepper card just to say "Hello"




I combined Call me die with the You're my type die for a more masculine card. Snipping into the telephone to change the shape and adding glossy accent to the typewriter keys also.





I used chocolate centura pearl cardstock for the telephone and typewriter also a little gold satin board for the dial.


A CAS just to say "I love you" using that rustic typewriter You're my type die. The die comes with a mix of bevelled heart and the wording.









Using pretty backing papers and paper piecing again for a more feminine card. 








I hope you've enjoyed some of the inspiration from this collection of dies. Something a little different is always refreshing.





Stay safe
Happy Crafting!

6 comments:

Jackie T said...

Oh Michelle you have been busy. I love all the samples you have made they are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks very much Jackie x

Beebeebabs said...

Beautiful work thanks for sharing!!!

Loose Stitches said...

Such gorgeous flowers and fabulous creations Michelle! I am your newest follower. :)
Crafty Hugs, Sherry xx
Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks very muchx

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous samples Michelle love the vintage phone and typewriter and all the yoga ones
Carol x

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...