blog backbdrop

Tuesday 5 May 2020

Fairytail card

For this months blog challenge over on Daisy Chains, I have made a card using the Twilight Kingdom fairytale collection by Hunkydory for my DT card.



As the theme this month is "Tic Tac Toe," my DL card has flowers, silver metallic pearls and butterflies to follow a line of the theme.



I have had this cardmaking kit for some time and made a lot of cards from it. The Twilight Kingdom cardmaking kit is a lovely fairy tale collection in hues of pink, purple and teal with everything from toppers, cardstock sentiments and coordinating inserts for your cards. I have just added a few extra embellishments.





For my card I used one of the A4 printed pieces of cardstock with a silhouette scene of butterflies in long grass and cut it down to size for my DL card.

As the toppers were already shaped and backed with a black border, I didn't actually have to do anything else but add some black foam tape that I have to the back for some dimension.

I added this really pretty black paper rose handmade by my crafty friend Sharon and some fine black & silver ribbon.

The small metallic silver pearls just gave the card a bit more of a twinkle.




I added one of the matching inserts to my card which are really pretty and finish a card off nicely. I gave this birthday card to my niece.

Have a look at the inspiration from the rest of the design team and what our crafters have been making for our blog challenge this month.









Happy Crafting
Michelle
x


3 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Michelle this is a stunning card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

crafty-stamper said...

Stunning card Michelle and love the hot pink and black colour combo
Carol x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks very much Ladies x

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...