blog backbdrop

Saturday 4 April 2020

Through an open window birthday card

My card of the day is "through a window" for our blog challenge on Let's Craft and Create blog challenge this month. 

With worrying times ahead and the emphasis for everyone to stay at home and stay safe, we are all trying to keep ourselves busy at home.  This months theme is very apt, through an open window. Time to take a step back and appreciate the little things around you. Spring is here and gardens are starting to burst into life and fill our gardens with colour which is what we could all do with right now.


I used a 5 x 7-inch kraft card blank and some backing papers from my stash that was from a Tattered Lace magazine with an mdf window embellishment and some olive green mdf pearls.


To make the window scene I used the Tattered Lace fields & foliage die and matching charisma by Tattered Lace with a little piece of backing paper that I had in my stash for the sky. I added a little dimension to this topper and then snipped into it to make it fit around my mdf window.


Tattered Lace Portmanteau
I then die cut 3 layers of the 3D Tattered Lace decoupage English Ivy with its matching charisma to drape around the top of the window. I do like this particular ivy die, it has a great shape and lovely little realistic shaped leaves.



As this backing paper was double sided, I used the contrasting side for the panel which has been matt and layered with craft card and a lacy frame.
Have a look at the inspiration from the rest of the design team and what our crafters have been making for our blog challenge this month. There is a prize for the winning entry and a badge for your blog for the top 3 runners up.








Stay Safe
Happy Crafting!
Michelle
x



1 comment:

Jackie T said...

Hi Michelle this is a stunning card. It is so pretty I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...