blog backbdrop

Monday 5 October 2020

Get Well Soon Margaret

I have a few makes that I haven't got around to sharing for one reason or another, so I am gradually trying to get up to date and share them. As the theme for our blog challenge this month at Daisy Chains is a sketch, I thought this would be an ideal card to share with you.

My get well card was made for the elderly mother-in-law for one of my craft colleagues. 

          
She had been extremely poorly for some time in hospital and my friend asked if any crafters in our craft group would be happy to make a card and send it to her to lift her spirits for when she came home.  Margaret had a wonderful array of cards from the Dreamee Catchers on our Facebook group which was lovely and bringing a smile to her face, to the delight of everyone.

I used a 6x6 kraft card blank with a layer of the Dreamees sage green card. I printed the backing paper of the Dreamees Sew in to you cd rom in a colourway to match my flowers. 



My flowers were made using the Dreamees Build a Peony flower stamp set, which has been heat embossed using superfine gold Wow embossing powder onto some mars red pearlescent paper by Chloe Endean. Some gold Dreamees 4mm pearls finished my flowers off nicely.

For the flower barrel, I used the Dreamees Endless Possibilities stamp set. To give it a little dimension, I decoupaged the panels and inked the edges with their sparkle dinky inky in walnut. I also added some moss for texture and foliage.

Just around the oval topper that my basket of flowers sits on, I edged it with my dinky inky sparkle ink pad in treasure, just to lift the layers of card a little.

I thought it made a sweet get well card and hope she liked it. This flower stamp was an easy one to cut out, even the small flowers. 

That is one thing I love about stamps that Hayley Bignall designs, they have that uncomplicated beauty to them that makes them so desirable and adaptable.

It's amazing how something as small as a card can make such a difference. Today we do that with a quick text but it doesn't have the impact receiving a little card through your door does that simply says thinking of you....

The rest of our design team have also been making some lovely projects this month, along with so many great crafters on our blog every month. It's always lovely to see the inspiration everyone shares. Please use the link below to take you to the blog challenge and thanks for the visit.



Happy crafting!

                                                                         


4 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a gorgeous get well card. Take care. Hugs Jackie

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous get well card Michelle and what a nice thought.Love the beautiful P.paper and flowers.The sentiment on my card you asked about is from a stamp set from CAS-UAL Fridays
carol x

Jannet said...

This is such a beautiful card Michelle, I love all of those fussy cut flowers, I agree a handmade card coming through your letter box means so much more than a text. Stay safe xx

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you very much ladies for your lovely comments and thanks very much Carol for the note about the stamp x

Gothic Fairy Arch

I've finished my Gothic fairy arch and have a few pictures to share with you and I'm also going to add it to one of the monthly chal...