blog backbdrop

Sunday 25 October 2020

Monochrome - birthday card

Sharing a monochrome birthday card today. I really like monochrome cards and there is something striking about black and white.


Another Dreamees make today and for my 6x6 card, I have used backing paper from the sew into you cd and the sentiment from the Autumn Days stamp set.

I have used the Dreamees Loops and Lace circle dies with black colour core card and inner circle dies for the white card and a layer of silver mirri card that you can just see peaking through. The larger circle has then been embossed using the poinsettia embossing folder. This is my favourite embossing folder from the Dreamees.


For the flowers, I have stamped and heat embossed onto vellum the flowers from the Butterflies in Abundance and then added some 4mm black Dreammee pearls.

As I like making flowers, I sometimes make batches of flowers up when I get a stamp set or in the mood to make flowers and keep them in a box for later. It saves time when you are making a project to have some already made up and also to have a selection when looking for inspiration.


I have also trapped some sisal between the layer and added a die cut bee with a little foliage from the Loops and Lace embellishment collection.  Have a great day whatever you are doing.

Happy Crafting



4 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Michelle this is a stunning card. I love the design it is gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely gorgeous monochrome card Michelle love the beautiful flowers and doily dies
Carol x

Shabneez said...

Such a beautiful floral creation Michelle! Shabneez x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks very much ladies x

Gothic Fairy Arch

I've finished my Gothic fairy arch and have a few pictures to share with you and I'm also going to add it to one of the monthly chal...