blog backbdrop

Tuesday 14 June 2022

New Home Plaque

I thought I'd share a new home plaque that I have made.


The majority of what I have used for my project is by the Dreamees, although I was inspired by the mixed media style from Pretty Gets Gritty.

I covered one of the large mdf baubles with aquamarine design paper which has also been stamped here and there with a script stamp.

I then added and gessoed the mini frame to form the centre point of my plaque. For an extra layer, I included this great brick die by Pretty Gets Gritty which has been cut from grey board and also gessoed.



I wanted the flowers to look distressed and stay firm. I chose these festive fretwork frills because I like their shape and textured petals. I mixed these in with a few divine florals.
All the flowers were dry brushed with gesso and then I added a little of my new favourite colour, one of Andy Skinner's artist pigments in Prussian blue.

The Letter dies have also been die cut out of greyboard twice and gessoed before adding some Stickles in frosted lace. I love my Stickles glitter glue.

As for the bunnies and I had to add these in for this particular project, they have been made using my stamps and air dry clay. To get that shimmer, I gave them a coating of white pearl drops.

I have added a little key and some seed beads here and there and that's my mixed media plaque finished.

Have a great day, whatever you have planned for yourself
Happy crafting


5 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

WOW!!! Michelle, this is so gorgeous, what a treasure! I looked t it for a long time to see all the lovely details. Thanks for sharing! Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

Chris said...

It's a beautiful plaque Michelle, so many lovely elements and fabulous sparkle-and the colours are gorgeous.
xx

crafty-stamper said...

WOW fabulous plaque Michelle love all the texture,flowers and cogs and of course the two cute little bunnies-brilliant
Carol x

pinky said...

Michelle this is absolutely amazing. So much attention to details and love the shades of blues, purples and silver. Just beautiful, a work of art!!

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you all so much for your lovely comments x

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...