blog backbdrop

Monday 26 September 2022

Hello Autumn

 As Autumn breezes in, I've decided it's time to put my flip flops away for another year but I don't mind as although I'm not a fan of the colder days, Autumn is my favourite season.

Perfectly timed, I have just finished my Autumnal tag, which will become part of a monthly project that I am working on.


On the tag I have used a mix of wood grain paper and this great Autumnal leaf paper from one of the Dreamees CDs in my stash. This cute little owl is also a digi image, which is ideal as my colouring isn't very good.


There is something very satisfying about stripping the inside of a padded envelope and knowing how useful that will become one day......something only a crafter will understand ha ha !!    That envelope padding provided a vital piece of texture for my owl to nestle on.

I then added some pre-stamped and cut maple leaves along with a few die cut foliage and some digi foliage from one of Hayley Bignall's older CDs.


I've added a little Autumnal verse and a few more leaves to the 6 x6 inch wood grain page that has now also been finished to accompany my tag and some velco corners to attach it to the page.


I love the changing colour of the leaves on the trees..........and as I'm drinking my coffee and looking into my garden, that familiar tufty tail of the squirrel, digging up my garden and leaving by bulbs for me to pop back in the soil......

Have a fab day whatever you have planned for yourself.

Happy crafting


Challenges:  fabnfunky - Autumn 

4 comments:

Chris said...

This is gorgeous Michelle, beautiful colours and suc h wonderful texture.
Autumn is a lovely time of year, I'm just back from a walk in the woods with the dog, it was great to breathe the fresh air and see the changing colours in the trees- so many acorns have dropped- the squirrels are everywhere!
xx

crafty-stamper said...

WOW Michelle this is brilliant!!!Love the Owl and all the texture and that fabulous woodgrain paper too!Autumn is my favourite season too
Carol x

Valerie-Jael said...

This is absolutey wonderful, Michelle, love your autumn piece. This is my fave season, too. I just hope it stops raining so I can look at the autumn leaves! Hugs, Valerie

Shabneez said...

Fabulous creation Michelle - autumn on a card! My slippers are out too! Shabneez x

Easter Cards

I have a few Easter cards that I'm sharing today and I've been using the Signature Series Digital Florist Everything Anemone Cardmak...