blog backbdrop

Thursday 15 September 2022

August Memory Book Pages

I have August's memory book pages to share from last month and these have already been sent to my swap partner as part of our Dreamees group swap.  


I started with a bunch of lavender using the Dreamees lavender dies from the Nature's Garden Collection and their recipe of happiness sentiment. 



I thought this trellis die looked a little like one that you could get in a garden and with some green sisal behind, it gave a softer illusion to the background. 


On the adjacent side, I created a little folder using a piece of music paper that I found in my stash.  When I was cleaning my stencil after making a project, I  didn't want to waste the texture paste that was left over, so I made some prints on pieces of card which came in very handy as I used one of these brick stencils behind my hyacinth stamp. To add a little more dimension to it I added some tiny blue die cut flowers and some moss to the pot.


I also added a little tag using one of the Dreamees digi stamps from the CD Roms that they used to make and my usual ATC card that I normally include with my swaps.


On the flip side, I chose the peach kisses paper pad. A gatefold page with a pop-up behind the doors and on the adjacent page an open envelope of tags.




I stamped one of the little fairy mushroom houses and added it to the centre of my page.


I managed to get two larger tags (just) in the envelope. I sometimes get carried away decorating and forget about the space I have to fit things into. I used little stamps and dies on the coordinating papers from this pad.


On this tag, I used one of the very early Dreamees stamp sets,  the Elegant Dress, simply because when I was looking through my tray of stamps, it was right at the bottom looking all forgotten. The top layer of the mannequin dress has been stamped and heat embossed onto a small piece of vellum. These projects are ideal for using up all these small pieces in your craft box that you don't want to throw away.

Throughout my project, I've added Stickles glitter glue to highlight, and the addiction grows!! There always seems to be a cool colour that I think I might need and then I spot the new Distress Stickles!!

Have a fab day whatever you have planned for yourself.

Happy crafting






5 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Michelle, your work is a dream! Hugs, Valerie

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous pages Michelle,love all the beautiful papers,tuck spots and all the added elements-absolutely beautiful
Carol x

Shabneez said...

Fabulous creations Michelle. Apologies for not commenting on your blog in a while. Shabneez x

Chris said...

Hi Michelle, missed this one while I was away on holiday! So glad I caught up on your beauutiful work, your creativity is amazing. I'll say it again- your swap partner is a very lucky lady.
xx

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks so much for all your lovely comments x

Gothic Fairy Arch

I've finished my Gothic fairy arch and have a few pictures to share with you and I'm also going to add it to one of the monthly chal...