blog backbdrop

Wednesday 7 September 2022

Lavender card

 Sharing a lavender card made for a friend, with a little bit of a difference today.


I recently purchased a lovely lavender stamp/die set from the Dreamees Natures Garden collection and decided to have a play with my air dry clay to see if I could get a decent cast from them as I already knew that they looked beautiful stamped and die cut.


It was a little fiddly and takes a little patience but I was happy with how they turned out.
The Das clay turned out pretty well but if you want something feather light for your cards I would recommend that you use something like Hearty.


To colour my flowers I used my Dreamees dinky inky reinkers . I mixed the Orchid and Eclipse chalk reinkers for the lavender blooms and for the stems I used the reinker sparkle in crocodile.  

As I like to get the most out of the inks that I use on my projects, I found that mixing a little clear acrylic bindex into my dinky inkies allows me to use them on a lot more projects. The one that I use is a Pebeo studio acrylics brilliance that I bought in Hobbycraft. It's great to use as a matt medium to seal your projects too and also to add to your mica powders to make your own metallic paints. 

Have a great evening

Happy crafting



5 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely beautiful card Michelle and your clay Lavender turned out amazing
Carol x

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful, love the lavender. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Chris said...

That's so clever Michelle, and it looks gorgeous! What a great way to use your dies -I never would have thought of that!
xx

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks very much for your lovely comments x

Shabneez said...

Absolutely beautiful! Shabneez x

Gothic Fairy Arch

I've finished my Gothic fairy arch and have a few pictures to share with you and I'm also going to add it to one of the monthly chal...