blog backbdrop

Monday 1 May 2023

Its shining sunflowers

I have been having a play with some flowers and thought that I'd show you what I have been making.  




When Amanda showed me her new set of sunny flowers that she had designed I was really enthusiastic about crafting with them. There is something very therapeutic about flower making.

I thought these flowers would look really pretty on my flower pot that I painted with acrylic paint. I printed the sunflowers onto 120gsm Navigator colour document paper and I find them easy to cut out. 




I gave the sunflowers a coat of Mod Podge in matte finish to seal them and add a little structure to them which helped as I moulded them around the pot , finishing off with another coat of Mod Podge to seal the pot. I added gold prills in the centre of the flowers for dimension.


My little pot is ready for plant life and will sit nicely on my window sill. 

The Digital Florist Sunflower Flower forming Sheet can be found at Opulence by Design as a PDF digital download with 2 bonus plain sheets.

Opulence by design have a YouTube channel packed with inspiration and tutorials on card craft and I especially love all the flower making tutorials which I find very useful with very handy tips too. Follow the link below if you would like to catch up on any of these.


I have also made a few cards with these gorgeous blooms.



For my birthday card, I used a 6x6 inch  white card blank, a woodgrain embossed topper by The Dreamees  with a hint of wax and a wreath die cut for my sunflowers to sit. on. I have used the leaves from the Opulence by Design Steampunk Florals . I have also used the darker of the 2 plain sheets available in the download and for the centre of my flowers I have used a mix of Stickles glitter glue and glossy accent.


For my easel I card used both colourways of the papers  on a mushroom card base, adding the foliage Ivy leaves which I already had in my stash. This time for the centres of my flowers I used a lemon Flowersoft.


Finally a little thank you card on cream linen cardstock. I used a script embossing folder and a gold scroll die cut in the background. I just focused on the dimension of a single flower and added lots of gold prills over the fine detail that was already on this beautiful design.


I do love sunflowers, they are one of my favourites and I had quite a few in my garden last year.


These flower former sheets are a fabulous edition to your crafty stash as they can be used in so many ways to suit the changing ways that we all craft now.

The sun has been out and I have been out in the garden.  The birds are nesting and the black birds have decided to take the rest the coco coir liner from an old plant pot base that I left them for their nests (which they destroyed last year with my plants in it).

There's a new window bird feeder on my list as either the pigeon has tried to perch on it and it has snapped or I am feeding those sparrows too much!!  
At least its been a sunny bank holiday for a change, I hope you've had a good one.

Happy crafting


9 comments:

brenda said...

Sunflowers are such happy flowers and each of your creations are just beautiful, the flower post is going to look lovely planted up.

B x

KarinsArtScrap said...

Michelle it's a beautiful flower pot and gorgeous cards and designs

gr karin

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely love the beautiful sunflowers,the flower pot looks amazing and the cards are brilliant-but those sunflowers are amazing
Carol x

Cheryl W. said...

So many incredible sunflower creations! I love them all. Your sunflowers look so realistic.

Cheryl W. said...

So many incredible creations! I love them all. Your sunflowers look so realistic.

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning creations Michelle, love the pot and realistic sunflowers x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! What amazing and gorgeous creations Michelle, I love sunflowers too, and you have certainly made use of them so beautifully in your cards, and the wonderful pot. Superb work.
Faith x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

thanks so much for your lovely comments x

Brenda said...

All sorts of lovely sunflowers here! Love the pot, but the cards, oh my goodness, your sunflowers look real! Amazing work, Michelle.

Gothic Fairy Arch

I've finished my Gothic fairy arch and have a few pictures to share with you and I'm also going to add it to one of the monthly chal...