blog backbdrop

Tuesday 16 May 2023

Purple Petals

 In between spending  some time in my garden over the past week I have made a few cards with these beauties which I have had the pleasure to craft with. 



I tend to sit and cut my flowers out whilst watching TV using a small pair of curved scissors that I purchased a few years ago from The Dreamees website. I find that they are the perfect shape to cut out your floras with.

I used the darkest of the bonus papers from the download with one of my lacy Tattered Lace doily dies to create the easel card and both the toppers from the sheet to decorate my card. I also used icicle Stickles glitter glue around the topper.


For my birthday card I used a 7 x7 inch white card base and a strip of the darkest plain paper from the download for a contrast against the topper and background inside my card. 

I decided to emboss the backing paper using one of my metal die sets on my cut n' boss die cut machine, as  I liked the pattern and thought it would add a  bit of texture to the paper too. 

I used my icicle Stickles glitter glue around the  edge of the topper this time and Black Diamond in the centre of my decoupaged Anemone.



Finally A tall stepper card using a Tattered Lace die from my stash and I have layered these beautiful flowers and shimmered the edges of the petals with my stardust pen ( unfortunately the picture doesn't capture that). 

I have added black Flowersoft to the centre of  some of the flowers and black diamond Stickles glitter glue to the rest for a mix of textures with the green foliage ivy leaves flowing throughout. These can also be found on the website.

I love to cut these gorgeous flowers out and create dimensional blooms with them but they are just as beautiful cut out and given a gentle curl to the edge of a petal with your finger or pokey tool for a more natural look before being added to your project.

If you're creating dimensional blooms and don't want any white to show on the back of your petals, after printing your floras out, turn your page over and re-print choosing the lighter bonus sheet. This is a good alternative to inking them.

If you are interested in the link to Opulence by Design's Website, you can follow the link below including the YouTube channel where you will find lots of really inspirational card craft and some brilliant flower making tutorials that I have certainly made use of.



Apparently, Anemones sense the approach of a rainstorm and close up their petals. I did have pink ones in my garden but think our harsh winter has killed them off. With all the rain and random sunny days my garden is resembling more of a jungle at the moment  with everything shooting up at the same time and a lawn covered with by a blanket daisies that I am reluctant to mow away.

Enjoy your week whatever you choose to do and let's hope there's a little more sunshine in that too.

Happy crafting



Challenges:-



24 comments:

brenda said...

Many thanks for sharing your pretty creation with us at Allsorts challenge.

B x

KarinsArtScrap said...

what gorgeous cards you have made with those fab flowers Michelle

gr karin

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic card,it's a wonderful colour. I chose purple for my theme this week, too, have a great week, Michelle, hugs, Valerie,

Linby said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for joining in at Allsorts Challenge.

Chris said...

A beautiful selection of cards, lovely designs and such gorgeous flowers.
xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Your flowers are gorgeous, love your shaping, Such beautiful cards, have to be well received. As for the garden? Yep! The weeds are shooting up faster than we can get rid of them.
Faith x

Donna Walls said...

Oh Wow, these are stunning! I LOVE purple so they have a special place in my heart. Thanks for joining us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge and we hope you'll share again soon.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Ellibelle said...

I am loving the shades of purple and each one of these is so beautifully done! Such fabulous designs!
Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!

crafty-stamper said...

Stunning monochrome cards,love the rich colour and absolutely beautiful flowers.Must admit the circle easel card is my favourite.
Carol x

Donna Ellis said...

ooooooh, Michelle! How incredible gorgeous these are! I cannot decide which I love more! The shapes of your flowers are just lovely! Thank you for sharing your love of all things flowers at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. Looking forward to seeing you again!
Happy Crafting Hugs,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

thanks so much for all your lovely comments x

Cheryl W. said...

Your cards are so elegant and feature my favorite color--purple! I LOVE the anemones. They are such a pretty flower and look gorgeous on your cards. The tall center-step card is a real eye-catcher. I think I'd like to try making one of those! Thanks for the inspiration.

Mervi said...

Striking three cards, all so beautiful.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Carole said...

These are stunning...love that purple, so opulent. you certainly have had patience cutting out all those flowers. I have red anemones in the garden, but everyone thinks they are poppies..lol!

Shabneez said...

Stunning floral creations Michelle. I need to do some work on the garden this weekend if it's dry. Shabneez x

Diane said...

Gorgeous floral cards, the purples are beautiful!! My garden seems to be a jungle too!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B and The Sisterhood!
Diane TB Co-Owner and TSH DT
{Nellies Nest}
{Triple B}

Darlene said...

Oh Michelle ... these are all just GORGEOUS! Purple is MY color so I'm drooling over all these beauties! lol Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
Owner
Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

PS ... thanks for also sharing these beauties with us over on our Triple B challenge ... good luck!

HilaryJane said...

Both cards are stunning, love that purple xx

Sue said...

Stunning cards thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar hugs x

aussie aNNie said...

Absolutely gorgeous card,love the colour and gorgeous design .x

Brenda said...

Michelle, I am in awe. I will be checking out this shop after I visit the YouTube channel. Your cards are absolutely gorgeous!

LOU said...

Gorgeous cards Michelle. Love the purple flowers!
Thanks so much for joining us for our Anything Goes plus the option of Ribbon, Lace, Twine (Use all or some) Challenge #195 at Let's Craft and Create for May 2023.
We hope to see you again soon,
Lou DT xo
JemLou Productions

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks so much for all your wonderful comments x

Aimeslee Winans said...

You are a master with those scissors, all the cards are amazing! Thanks for linking up at Beautiful Blossoms Challenge! xoxo, Aimeslee

Easter Cards

I have a few Easter cards that I'm sharing today and I've been using the Signature Series Digital Florist Everything Anemone Cardmak...