blog backbdrop

Thursday 5 October 2023

Halloween Tags

Sharing some bookmarks that I have just finished making and I love the new range of red rubber Halloween stamps from IndigoBlu this year. I have used Spooky Girl.


I still use bookmarks a lot and they are always really handy to gift too, especially with your craft swaps. I also just enjoy making them.


The first one I made was stamped with black Versafine Clair ink and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  I used Craft Artist's Fusion Ink in Hunters Gold for the background.

It's really difficult to see the flecks of gold mica in the misty grey/green background. I used the Berry Fusion ink on the pumpkins for a shimmery glow. These inks are beautiful to use. 
 For a touch more texture, I have added glossy accent to her eyes and  I added a little Cosmic Shimmer Glitter Kiss in Midnight Sparkle to the background.


My second tag was just stamped in black versafine Clair ink and then coloured in the image like the first tag. I used a sparkle dye based ink in ocean blue to add a  dusky shimmer to the background.  I also made use of some Tattered Lace Halloween die cuts in my stash to embellish my tags.


My third tag was stamped in sepia versafine ink. I bought some wool from a charity shop last year and thought that it would come in handy for projects like this. 

I think this is such a cool stamp and one that you can adapt in many ways for your crafting and not just for Halloween and have been looking forward to using this one.

Another week is nearly coming to an end already and the days are starting to get shorter too!
Have a good rest of the week!

Happy crafting


Challenges
As you like it - Halloween - I love this new 'Spooky Girl' stamp and have been looking forward to crafting with it.
Park Hopping - My Happy Place  - Halloween    (Spotlight project for October)

28 comments:

Cheryl W. said...

I love those tags! They're so fun, in a Halloween-y kind of way.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

How cool... love your assortment of Halloween tags and/or bookmarks. Images are so cute and fantastic coloring, along with your fun inked backgrounds. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and we are partnering with Park Hopping, My Happy Place and I'm sure you can fall into "Not So Scary" Disney Halloween Party to meet their requirement for another chance at our random draw. Hope to see you at:
https://parkhoppingmyhappyplace.com/2023/10/01/october-2023b/

brenda said...

Such a fun collection of Halloween tags, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous and great tags Michelle

gr karin

aussie aNNie said...

Awesome work the colours and tags look brilliant x

Dawn Woods said...

I absolutely love these xx they are so my jam xx

Linby said...

oh these are fabulous. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

Diane said...

Spooky, fun and awesome Halloween tags!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Two Old Bats!
Diane TOB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Two Old Bats}

Diane said...

Me again, thanks so much for sharing your awesome tags with us at The Sisterhood!
Diane TSH DT
{Nellies Nest}
{The Sisterhood}

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous Halloween tag bookmarks Michelle-love the stamp and different colourways and all the little embellishments.I still use them too as I read every night and use them in my journals too.
Carol x

Alyson Mayo said...

So many dark and scary details! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

Melanie Hungerford said...

What perfect coloring and shading on your backgrounds, and that is such a great sentiment. Awesome tags! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble!

Chrissy said...

Wonderful spooky and fun tags.. Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge this fortnight at As You Like It..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Ina G said...

Fabulous fun and so creative Michelle. Love that image. Thanks for sharing at Sisterhood of Crafters

Donna Walls said...

These are fabulous tags and the images are so sweet. I love all the details you've added as well. Thanks for supporting The Paper Funday Challenge and we hope you'll share again soon. Also, we would like to invite you to visit The Inspiration Station Challenge, you may feel you're tags are a great fit for our inspiration photo this month.
Donna xx
Paper Funday Challenges
Inspiration Station Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

Makira said...

🖤🖤🖤These are absolutely frighteningly fantastic! 👻Love the sentiment you chose for the bookmarks! I will be borrowing that in the near future. 😉 Thank you for playing with us at Park Hopping My Happy Place. 🎢🎨💌🖤 Cheers, Makira

Sarah said...

What fabulous tags, love the sentiment!! Thank you for sharing at AYLI. Sarah

Ilonka said...

What a wonderful card, thanks for sharing it with us at Sheepski Designs Challenges Blog.
Big hugs Ilonka DT

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! WOW! These are amazing, love the image and how you've shown her off so many times in different colourways.
Faith x,

Tone K. said...

Sooo cool! Really great! :)
Thanks a lot for joining us at Let`s Craft and Create :)

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

What an awesome bookmark! Very on season! Thanks for playing with the Krafty Chicks Stamp Act challenge.
Diane - DT

Shabneez said...

Loving the detail on these Michelle! Shabneez x

Zw@@n said...

Gorgeous tags, Michelle. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. xx Wilma

mamawcindy said...

Loving your tags. My granddaughter loves to read and would love these. Hope you have a great weekend.
cindys-greencricut

Vickie Y said...

Your spooky girl is adorable! Thank you for sharing with us at Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge.

Mariann Jakobsen said...

WOW!! Love these fabulous spooky and fun tags..

Helen said...

Great tags - love how you put them together.

Thanks for joining us at the Paper Funday Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Brenda said...

Such a cute stamp and so fun to see the different looks you have achieved with it. Darling tags!

Gothic Fairy Arch

I've finished my Gothic fairy arch and have a few pictures to share with you and I'm also going to add it to one of the monthly chal...