blog backbdrop

Sunday 28 January 2024

Vibrant Nasturtiums

I have made a few cards using these beautiful vibrant Nasturtiums that I have been cutting out to make into flowers which are from Opulence by Design Crafts and this colour has definately carried on being a firm favourite of mine, a change from my usual pink and purples.


For my card I used one of the dies from a past Stephanie Weightman - Tattered Lace collection, which made up a 7.5 inch x 4 inch card base.
I also used one of the very pretty 3 free floral print papers from Opulence by Design Crafts website, for my envelobox.


The Digital Florist Orange Nasturtium Flower print & cut form set comes with 2 A4 colour block sheets which are great to use to co-ordinate with your crafting or you can use one of the sheets to print on the back of your flower sheets so that your flowers have all round colour.


On this little card I layered up my flowers to add some more dimension to them. I also curled the petals gently with the end of a pokey tool as these have been printed onto 120gsm colour document Navigator paper.


The centres of my flowers have drops of glossy accents to highlight the centres.


My little card has a die cut vellum layer followed by a gold pearlescent layer. To get this colour, I used the palest colour block sheet from the Digital Florist Cream with Blush Edge Ranunculus set and printed it onto some white pearlescent paper from my stash.
I enjoy being able to print what I want onto different mediums for the projects that I am making.


For the third layer of my card I used a script embossing folder, which I also used for the matching oversized pearlescent envelope.  The flowers sit in the middle of a frame, die cut from cream glitter card.



For my final card I used a watercolour image from my stash and I thought that these flowers would look really pretty nested around the picture on my 6 x 6 inch card, so I resized them to make the flowers small enough. These are an easy shape to cut out, especially with a pair of shaped decoupage scissors.


I also used glossy accents in the centre of these flowers and a green layer behind my card topper, using one of the colour block sheets from a Digital Florist set in my collection.
With an extra piece left over from the sheet, I used it to line the envelope for my card.

I also find it handy to have my flowers in a variety of sizes, especially, smaller as I can easily mix them into other projects.

If you would like to check out Amanda's YouTube Channel for cardmaking, flower making and inspirational craft videos  you can find her gallery here or even follow on Instagram:  


20 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous selection of cards Michelle,love the beautiful dies and gorgeous nasturtiums,beautiful watercolour image too-love them all.
Carol x

Valerie-Jael said...

Wow, your tags and cards are gorgeous, Michelle, love those flowers. Hugs, Valerie

brenda said...

A very pretty floral creation, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts challenge.

B x

KarinsArtScrap said...

Michelle you have made beautiful cards and a tag.....gr karin

Uschi said...

Beautiful flowers and wonderful examples for creating tags and cards. Both look so beautiful. Very filigree and so awesome and elegant. Great color of the flowers. It goes with so many other colors.
Thank you for taking part in the current Everybody Art Challenge.
Hugs Uschi

Diane said...

Beautiful floral cards, they look so real!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B and Beautiful Blossoms!
Diane TB Co-Owner and BB DT
{Nellies Nest}
{Triple B}

coldwaters2 said...

These are so beautiful I love them all especially the first one the colour and design is fabulous thank you for joining us at Allsorts
hugs
lolo x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A pretty, filigree design, thanks for sharing at Allsorts this week.
Lorraine

Brenda said...

Michelle, these are absolutely beautiful, yummy cards. I just love the flowers and all that gorgeous die texture. Thanks so much for sharing with us over at Little Red Wagon this week!

Rachel said...

Wow! Those flowers look so cool! Great projects, and thanks for joining us at the Mix It Up Challenge blog!

Darlene said...

WOW what beautiful creations! Those flowers are AMAZING! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Beautiful Blossoms! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

Darlene
BB DT
BEAUTIFUL BLOSSOMS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

PS: Thanks for also playing along in our Triple B Challenge! Good Luck!

Darlene said...

OH WOW your projects are all just beautiful and those flowers are amazing! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Beautiful Blossoms! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

Darlene
BB DT
BEAUTIFUL BLOSSOMS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

PS Thanks for also playing along in our Triple B challenge!

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Love all your projects today. Those flowers sure do add great dimensions and I love their colour too that pops out. Thank you for playing with the All Occasion theme with the Krafty Chicks Challenge.
Diane - KCC DT

cass said...

Lovely cards. Cute image and card, thanks for joining us at A Place to Start for our Anything Goes, optional Gatefold challenge.

Chana Malkah said...

So many creative uses of the flowers! Your cards are beautiful and so elegant!

Thanks so much for such a fabulous response to our challenge at A Place to Start! We look forward to seeing you in our February challenge!

Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks so much for your lovely comments x

JD/ Jill said...

These are all so nicely done!

Helen said...

Beautiful cards and flowers - love the colours.

Thanks for joining us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Karen said...

Beautiful cards, love your choice of design, colour and great choice of flowers which make your design pop. Thank you for sharing and joining in with us for this months challenge at The Crafters Cafe, Karen DT

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

More stunning work on all of these cards. x

Gothic Fairy Arch

I've finished my Gothic fairy arch and have a few pictures to share with you and I'm also going to add it to one of the monthly chal...