blog backbdrop

Monday 5 February 2024

Watercolour Witches Gift Box

One of my favourite crafty activities lately has been decorating boxes as you can give them a unique look and they are always very useful to put things into too.

For this project, I used some of the papers from Magik Graphics Watercolour Witches Collection, which is available on a CD or as a digital download, direct from their website.


This is a wonderful collection and Susan has also designed these papers to fit on these boxes, which are just under 10 x 8 inches (4 inches in depth), that a lot of crafters have been using and Susan also uses them in her Facebook live craft group.


I printed these papers on my usual 120gsm colour document Navigator paper, as this works for me and since Wilkos is no longer trading, I can still find it at Tesco which saves me having to order online.

I kept decoration to a minimum as I didn't want to cover up these wonderful papers.  This box isn't for me but I will definitely be making one to keep.


Inside, I opted for this rich amethyst metallic paint from Finnabair Art Alchemy which is amazing to use and leaves a fab velvet rich shimmer.  I also chose a different image for the inside of the lid as I thought that the colours tied in nicely.


I gave the box two very light coats of matt medium to seal it, making sure each layer was completely dry before adding the next, this prevented the paper from wrinkling or any colour bleed from the inks. It also left my box with a nice smooth finish. I then edged the box with gold wax.


I thought one of the mecha moths would look good in the top corner of the box. This one was made from hot glue and I coloured it with some copper wax. At different angles, you can see through parts of it, which adds to the dimension.

I did make a 7x 7 inch card to accompany my box. This collection also has a range of inserts to accompany the various designs for your cards and is certainly one that I really love and can not recommend enough.


All this one needed was a trio of flowers from my box that I had previously made up using some blooms from Opulence by Design Crafts and a little moss.

My decorated box has been on a bit of a tour (collecting various stamps along the way) before eventually reaching its destination safely.

Have a great week,  whatever you have planned for yourself.

Happy Crafting


Challenges:-
Mix it Up - MM    (Top  Pick ) 



18 comments:

Chris said...

The box is beautiful Michelle, love those magical papers.
xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

just beautiful Michelle.....gr karin

coldwaters2 said...

WOW amazing project love the colours, images and embellishments thank you for joining us at Allsorts
hugs
lolo x

Liz said...

Wonderful decorated box and card. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week.
Liz xx

crafty-stamper said...

WOW this is just amazing Michelle!!!I absolutely love the fabulous papers and the little copper moth.
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at Birthstone Challenges.
Carol DT x

Cheryl W. said...

Incredible creation! You are so talented.

brenda said...

What a beautifully crafted mixed media piece, it's lovely to see you at Allsorts challenge, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Caroline Cards said...

What a beautiful box and I love the magical paper and moth!
Thanks for joning the Do-Al(l) Kreatives challenge.
Caroline - DT

Shabneez said...

Such a beautifully decorated box Michelle x

Deborah Wheeler said...

Fantastic decoration! Thanks for sharing it with us at Love to Craft challenge
Deborah DT

Fiona said...

Wow this is gorgeous - and what wonderful images to work with - I need to go and check those out. Whoever is receiving this gorgeous creation is very lucky. Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Artiste Mixed Media

Doris Klein said...

Wow... pretty box!

Thanks for playing along with our Do-Al(l) Kreatives Challenge and good luck!

Hugs and please come back soon!
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
*DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Absolutely amazing work Michelle, a stupendous box. x

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a stunning mixed media project! It's such a beautiful transformation 😊. I love how this all came together, it has such a magical look and feel. Thanks so much for joining us at Creative Artiste! Hugs, Jo x

Sari / Granne said...

Your box is so magical, love the look you have created. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge #120.

Sandra said...

Wow, this looks amazing!! Love it! Thanks for joining The Outlawwz ATG in a CardFree zone challenge!

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks so much for your lovely comments x

Hi! I'm Shirley and said...

Wow.This is stunning! Thanks for joining Anything Goes in a Card Free Zone Challenge over at the Outlawz Challenges.

Gothic Fairy Arch

I've finished my Gothic fairy arch and have a few pictures to share with you and I'm also going to add it to one of the monthly chal...