I'm sharing a birthday card that I made a few months ago using a mix of these fantastic digi images by Polkadoodles.
Polkadoodles has a fantastic selection of stamps and digi stamps, and their MDF collection is also very inspiring for your crafty projects.
One really useful tool I purchased from them was a magnetic die wand for picking up your fine metal dies; it certainly saves splitting your nails.
It's worth checking out their YouTube tutorials, which are always really handy when you are looking for crafty tips and inspiration.
I do love this collection of cute girls called Rebel Girls, which can be downloaded individually, and there is also a 'rebel messages with attitude pack' that is brilliant to add to your cards and projects. They also have some great quirky quips, just perfect for teenage cards and are easy to resize too.
For my card, I have just gone with the birthday quote.
As you know, my colouring skills have never been that great, so I try to get away with the minimum. I've added glossy accents to her boots and sunglasses.
I have also used the Funky Flower Friend stamp along with the matching Colour & Create Stencil. This is a brilliant little set. Not only do I love this duo flower design (there are a few of these online), but the neat little stencil fits perfectly over the flowers for you to ink through with your chosen inks, and in my case, I used distress oxides. There is even a small background stencil included.
I stamped and cut out the tiny daisy like flowers, which are so cute and make great fillers in your card projects. They have just had some glossy accent added to the centres to add some texture.
I created a background for my card using distress oxide inks and one of Durty Gurty's stencils.
I added a little shimmer to the flowers with a glimmer pen and glossy accents to the centre of the large flower to accentuate the pollen.
Just a few crystal gems to finish my card off. In my craft journal, I've added a few of these Rebel Girls to the dividers too.
I've been quite organised so far this year, getting some cards made ahead of time and finishing a few projects, as I won't be able to craft for some time, and that goes for gardening too!
Although with this heatwave, I can't see much of that going on anyway. So much devastation has been caused globally with the rising temperatures as it is.
Thanks for stopping by today to view my little crafty space.
Have a great rest of your weekend, whatever you have planned for yourself.





No comments:
Post a Comment