blog backbdrop

Saturday 1 December 2018

Tattered Lace Stories to Remember DT samples

Following the launch of Tattered Lace "Stories to Remember collection on Create & Craft TV on Thursday, I thought I'd share my DT samples for the show.

I had 2 dies to work with this time around which were:-


3D Decoupage Innocent die
 I used the Tattered Lace Precious Nested Book die for the card shape and My Craft Studio backing papers with a personalised verse.






I have used the matching charisma papers which can be downloaded directly from the Tattered Lace website.  They have been decoupaged with many layers and glistened with a Spectrum Noir sparkle clear overlay pen.


This time I have used a set of the wings, My Craft Studio papers again and another personalised verse.




A centre stepper card using the wings for the "winged heart" which form the centrepiece for the card. The heart die is from the Tattered Lace Heart Shaped Handbag die and the wings are made from cream glitter card.









I have used a set of the Fleurs miniature flower dies to tie in with the My Craft Studio paper which have all been printed onto glossy paper.







I decided to make an aperture card and join the wings for my gold (mirri card) butterfly


Also using the decoupage layers for decoration on the front of the card.
I used pain vellum behind the wings which have been coloured behind the die in bright colours with alcohol pens so that the colour reflects the light between the wings.



One of Hunkydory's card inserts from their Twilight collection finished the background inside the card perfectly.

Tattered Lace 3D Decoupage Innocent die 

Ascension die



The rainbow mirri card gives a lovely iridescent glow to the die on the card. The backing paper is also from one of My Craft Studio's collections. I've used pale blue mirri card and the same backing paper with the nested circle dies.
 Tattered Lace dies are very versatile when it comes to snipping into them and on this occasion, I have snipped into the gate to open them and placed a piece of Hunkydory mirri card behind them which catches the light just perfectly. For an alternative shape card,  I have used the Tattered Lace Hexigon nested Pindot die with its matching charisma paper and Create & Craft colour core card.


I used the Lacy Diamond Trellis die with which card and glitter card for the base of my card, adding some stickles lace glitter glue to the steps for snow for a more festive feel.



Finally, a square aperture card using the Tattered Lace Verona square dies and placing the die on the front of the card.


The die has been decoupaged and I have snipped into the gates of the top layer on the charisma to open them.

Tattered Lace Ascension die


Tattered Lace dies are always so detailed, easy to snip into to alter and very versatile for a different genre of card craft. Use them with your choice of cardstock or with the charismas papers available online to download.

Happy Crafting

4 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

WOW all stunning samples Michelle and love the beautiful dies,shapes and fabulous rainbow mirri card-the stepper card is gorgeous
Carol x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks so much, Carol x

Katie said...

These are gorgeous and love the detail on the wings.

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you Katie x

Gothic Fairy Arch

I've finished my Gothic fairy arch and have a few pictures to share with you and I'm also going to add it to one of the monthly chal...