blog backbdrop

Friday 5 April 2019

Fleurs flowers Birthday card

Sharing a vibrant floral birthday card today made for a special friend.  The theme for the  Blog Challenge over on Daisy Chains this month is "make it feminine"

I have used my large Tattered Lace Rainy Days Story Book dies for this card as I wanted plenty of space for my flowers.



I used the Create & Craft Core Collection cardstock. Ivory for the base card and a mix from the Red Berry collection, with an accent of green from the Forever Green collection.




For the flowers I used the Tattered lace Swift Peony die and some Fleurs flower forming foam. Using an oil pastel, I edged the petals in a darker shade of pink. before moulding and twisting the petals in my fingers.  The heat of your hands blends the colour into the petals for a softer edge.



I then layered up the petals using a hot glue gun but go sparingly on the glue.  For the leaves, I used the Fleurs Dahlia leaf die.


I did the same with the stamens using the flower forming foam


The foam keeps its shape really well but once your petals are all glued together, you can still remould your flowers for a better shape if need be.  If you don't have any flower forming foam, paper will work just as well.

As the card was all about the flowers, I wanted to make sure I could fit them all on comfortably. 



To finish the card I used small pieces of white organza ribbon in the eyelets and a stamped sentiment by Tattered Lace.


As this card had a lot of dimension, it needed a box

......finished off with a flower but one to match the card I made the box out of.

Have a look at the rest of the inspiration over on the blog today for this months challenge on Daisy Chains.

Happy Crafting



5 comments:

jane stillman said...

A beautiful card, love the gorgeous flowers

Katie said...

Stunning card

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you x

crafty-stamper said...

WOW gorgeous flowers-I have some flower foam but cannot get the flowers to look like that!!!
Carol x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you very much Carol x

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...