blog backbdrop

Tuesday 6 August 2019

Tattered Lace - TemptingTreats DT samples

Following the launch of Tattered LaceTempting Treats collection, I am sharing my DT samples made from some of the dies for the launch on Create and Craft TV  today.

I had the following dies to work with from this collection:- Hot Dog, French Fries, Milkshake & French Fry Box.



These are quite a quirky collection and when I looked at them, party invite came to mind.  I used my Tattered Lace ornate torn edge oval dies as a card base onto a deep red colour core textured card stock from Create & Craft.



Once I figured out how I wanted to incorporate the actual invite within the die (after a few practise runs) I used the outer die to cut the hot dog card shapes onto my pre printed invite that I had made using a sand coloured card.






I matched the back of the hot dog with the same card as the base of the invite so that when folded it would all match as the die is shaped.I also decoupaged the french fry box and added some glossy accent to the ketchup for texture.  The chipboard letters were a free gift with a craft magazine and I've highlighted the letters with a spectrum noir sparkle clear overlay pen.




With a party you need bunting! So I thought some ketchup and mustard filled hot dogs were very apt. They would be great for a BBQ too. These were printed onto glossy cardstock.



I used my glue gun to attach them to the ribbon. I used the matching charisma for the dies which are available to download direct from the Tattered Lace website.






For a fast food theme party or card I used all the Meal Deal dies together with their match charisma papers.



I have decoupaged the french fry box from the fries die and snipped out some fries to add separately to the card. I added these to my embossed backing paper, using a birthday embossing folder which was a gift from a friend. The words are from the French Fried Gift Box die set.











Also using the dies inside with a stamped sentiment.





With the Milkshake die I used the matching charisma papers for it but made it into a spinner card using the spinner element from one of the Tattered Lace collections. The wording also from the French Fries Gift Box. 




I die cut the spinner element out of acetate so that it wouldn't be as obvious when the card was moved round.





I have also used the Tattered Lace Foundation Oval nested dies for the card base with their Dainty Trellis Oval die set.






The French Fries Gift Box die set makes a sweet little gift box, ideal for sweet treats. I have used the matching charisma papers which have been printed onto glossy cardstock.



Adding some gems, coordinating roses, along with the ribbon and wording, decorative panel, that come with the die set.






Instead of usng the charisma papers on this French Fries Gift Box I have used patterned pearlescent card from Hunkydory, Hobby House Ribbon and decoupage flowers from the Tattered Lace Pressed Rose collection.




Even though it's a french fries box, they can be made and filled with sweets, little soaps or any treats. Ideal little gift boxes for teachers too.




A totally different way to use this gift box. I was originally thinking along the lines of a calendar card and came up with an idea of a card with daily inspirational messages. You could send to a friend for their mantlepiece, dressing table, shelf and in the front of the box would be a sentiment for every day.



I have used backing papers from my Tattered Lace Pastel Haven usb and created a selection of cards with well known inspirational messages on them. Everyone could do with a pick me up now and again on grey days.





I have also used a tattered lace ribbon threader die along the edge and the square dies are from the Tattered Lace Rainy Days Story Book die set.










It doesn't have to be a card for a particular occasion and can be replaced with memories from pictures or children's drawings for example.





Although these dies come with matching charisma papers that you can download for free, you can just use the die and papers from your own stash to create your cards.

This Milkshake card was made as a recipe card, perhaps for a summer children's party. As adults have their cocktail recipes, perhaps young girls would like their own milkshake ones.


#



For my mermaid themed cocktail card, I have used a marbled card made using shaving foam and my Dreamees pearlescent reinkers. For the ice cream sundae pearls, I have used little pearls and some cotton wool for the creamy top.




I have used my Tattered Lace Harlequin die set for the card base and toppers and Create & Craft colour core card in colours to tie in with the fruits in the milkshake mix.


Finally, I thought I would make some quirky little greeting cards for no specific occasion, just because I thought that these dies would lend to that theme.



"I only have fries for you ......"






"Franks very much"





"You're  exStraw  special"

For the card shapes I have used the following Tattered Lace die sets, Essential Pearl Rectangles, Nested Hexagons and Nested Oval Foundation. With added googly eyes for a little bit of character.

Happy Crafting!


5 comments:

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Loving all these did theme die cuts, esp the hot dog and coffee cup. Too awesome m

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks very much, Holley x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous selection and perfect cards for teenagers
Carol x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks very much Carol x

Smart Packaging said...

it seems that you have a craze of French Fries Boxes custom hot dog boxes

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...