blog backbdrop

Saturday 24 August 2019

Dreamees - Recipe of Happiness Plaque

Today I thought that I would share a plaque I made as a craft swap with the Dreamees Catchers craft group.







I used the following mix of stamps and dies by The Dreamees:-

  • Stitched alphabet stamps
  • Recipe stamps
  • Something Stitchy stamp set
  • Divine Doily die
  • Pretty Leaves & Flourishes dies
  • Peculiar Leaves & Flourishes dies
  • Square lacy die set



 I also used a selection of backing papers from The Dreamees Pretty Pets & Sensational Flowers CDs. I chose tones of rich peach, a colour, to be honest, I don't use a lot or have seen much on cards recently. It makes a refreshing change to pinks and purples.

I also used:-

  • MDF shaped plaque
  • Burlap lacy ribbon
  • Pearl strings
  • Wired twine
  • bakers twine / white organza ribbon
  • Tim Holtz distress ink in gathered twigs




I covered the mdf plaque with the wood effect backing paper and used my Crafters Companion sanding block to achieve the smooth finish to my shaped plaque.  To soften the edges, I also used Tim Holtz distress Ink in gathered twigs.





I love these stitchy flowers and as you know, Dreamees stamps are a firm favourite of mine, especially their flower stamps which have an undeniable charm about them.  I layered them up a few times to add dimension.



Also adding a little glossy accent to the centre of the stamps to highlight the button detail.





The leaf  flourishes were die cut from craft card and the delicate flourishes (including the butterflies) from peach satin card.  I edged everything with the distress ink.  You can just about see the square lacy die peeking through from under the flowers as I used it as one of the layers under the backing papers.



The recipe stamps are great for projects like this.



I thought the stitchy alphabet stamps would tie in nicely with the stitched flowers and stitched rectangle dies.



I was really happy with how this project turned out, but then I do tend to wax lyrical when it comes to using Dreamees.

Happy Crafting

7 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Michelle this is a stunning project. It is just so pretty. It looks fantastic hanging on the wall. Take care. Hugs Jackie

crafty-stamper said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you very much ladies x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous plaque Michelle love all the beautiful dies and the peach colour
Carol x

Nancy said...

What a beautiful project, Michelle! I had to come and thank you for the sweet comments you left on my blog! Thanks very much! I hope you come visit me again sometime! :o)

Diana Taylor said...

Fabulous project - those spotty flowers are just gorgeous.
Thanks for your kind comments on my blog,
Diana x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you very much ladies x

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...