blog backbdrop

Sunday 5 January 2020

Winter Shadow Box Frame

Happy New Year and to start our challenge over on the Daisy Chains blog this year the theme is "Wintertime".

I decided to make a shadow box frame for my DT project keeping the finished result quite simple looking.


Materials used:-

  • 6 x 6 inch shadow box frame ( I picked up from a charity shop)
  • clear acrylic gemstones
  • mini snowman Christmas decoration from my box of Christmas bits
  • Cosmic Shimmer glitter texture paste in ocean spray for my background
  • Sentimentally Yours A5 snowflake stencil (borrowed from a friend)
  • Christmas tree stamp
  • Versafine embossing ink
  • few clear gems
  • Chloe Endean Wow embossing powder glitter mix in silver
  • "With Love  die from my stash
  • small piece of white craft foam to die cut sentiment




First I made my background using the Cosmic Shimmer glitter texture paste in ocean spray through the snowflake stencil. I just had enough to make my background.  I had almost forgotten how lush this texture paste is and how it sets perfectly.




I then stamped my Christmas tree onto some white card  and heat embossed it using the silver Wow embossing glitter. I used foam pads to attach it to my snowflake background, giving it a little dimension and then added the gems to the tree.  For the little snowman decoration I used a little hot glue.



Then I added a handfull of clear acrylic gemstones for the base of my winter scene.





This was finished off with a white foam "with love" sentiment.

Have a look at the lovely projects made by the rest of our DT over on our blog page this month

http://daisychainchallenge.blogspot.com/


Happy Crafting

3 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Michelle this is a stunning project. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely beautiful shaker project and love all the sparkle-sorry for the late comments just trying to catch up
Carol x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks very much ladies x

Gothic Fairy Arch

I've finished my Gothic fairy arch and have a few pictures to share with you and I'm also going to add it to one of the monthly chal...