blog backbdrop

Wednesday 15 July 2020

Cool Retro Camper Birthday card

Today I am sharing a birthday card that I made for my brother using a little stamp called the cool retro camper.


I always find it easier to stamp when it comes to making men's cards. I heat embossed with clear veraFine ink and black embossing powder onto white card and then painted the camper vans with a small paint brush and my chalk dinky inky reinkers in zest, rust and poppy. For the chrome bumper, wing mirrors number plate, I used a little dinky inky reinker sparkle 2nd gen in lustre with a little silver mist on the window screen.




For the luggage and luggage rack I just filled it in with a little rust, sunset and breeze in the chalk dinky inky pads you only need the tiniest amount. 

After cutting them out I backed them onto some stitched black card squares.

For the background on a piece of white stamping card,  I used the sunset, blaze and poppy dinky inky chalk pads and the bubble stamp from the Visible Image Jazz It Up stamp set.



I edged the card with the chalk dinky inky in poppy before adding a black matt layer of card behind it.


I then scored an A4 piece of 300gsm white card to place my retro camper van topper onto and add some glossy accent to the headlights of the van for dimension.

I love this little stamp and think it makes a cool male birthday card but change the colours and it would suit anyone I think.









Happy Crafting!
Michelle
x

4 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Michelle this is a stunning card you have made for your brother. He will love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Kathy said...

Love it - just sooooo cute!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous masculine card Michelle love the colourful embossed camper vans -they stand out beautifully against the black
Carol x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks you very much ladies x

Gothic Fairy Arch

I've finished my Gothic fairy arch and have a few pictures to share with you and I'm also going to add it to one of the monthly chal...