blog backbdrop

Wednesday 5 August 2020

Fast Food Birthday Card

This month for our blog challenge at Daisy Chains I am sharing a card made for my nephew's birthday featuring some fast food. As our theme, this month is for boys/men I thought this would be a good card to share for my DT card for the blog.






Boys/men's cards can be a challenge to make as sometimes you find there is not a great deal of choice or you get stuck for ideas of what to make. As a crafter, I find you have to keep coming up with something new every year.


I like to make a card using a theme the recipient can relate to and with these Tempting Treats dies by Tattered Lace they are really quite generic so will appeal to anyone who likes fast food and as my nephew does, I figured that I was on a winner here.







For my card I used:-



  • Tattered Lace Tempting Treats Meal Deal collection 
  • A4 white 300gsm cardstock folded to A5
  • A5 red 160gsm colour core cardstock
  • A5 cream/red striped backing paper from my stash
  • A strip of red satin ribbon
  • 4 metal nailhead craft stickers
  • chipboard alphabet/number stickers (The Range)
  • Glossy accent to decorate
The matching charismas for the Tempting Treats Meal Deal dies can be downloaded for free directly from the Tattered Lace website.







Add a little glossy accent to make the ketchup look more realistic. The hotdog also comes with a mustard option. These dies would also make great party invites too.






I think this is a really fun die set with so many possibilities.


Have a look at the inspiration from the rest of the design team and what our crafters have been making for our blog challenge this month.








Happy Crafting
Michelle
x



4 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Michelle this is a fantastic card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous fast food card Michelle-love all the images land the glossy accent ketchup
Carol x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

First time entering at Daisy Chain - thanks for the inspiration with this adorable fast food card - so delightful and colorful!!

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you very much for your lovely comments x

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...