blog backbdrop

Saturday 5 September 2020

Birthday card for a friend

Today I am sharing a birthday card made for a good friend of mine and linking it with our blog challenge on Let's Craft and Create's  friendship theme this month.





For my card I have used:-


  • Tattered Lace Designer Vintage  - Foundation Doilies dies
  • Tattered Lace Heart die
  • Cream 240gsm card
  • Katy Hudson - Sweet Nothings Collection
  • Dreamees Something Stitchy flower stamp set
  • Dreamees pretty pets backing paper from CD
  • Piece of A5 orange card
  • Peach ribbon
  • metallic peach pearl gems

My card base measures 15.2cm in diameter, which is the largest doily die of this set, with the second largest layered over the top.
I have then used one of the smaller doily dies with some of the sweet nothing cardstock before the die cut heart in plain orange card (as an accent)and sweet nothings cardstock again.




Using the charisma pad, I die cut the "perfect pair" squirrels and the "sweet nothings" blue tits out. These are really pretty images . Katy Hudson is an illustrator based in Bristol who became obsessed with drawing animals and telling stories. The idea stuck, which led her to studying for a degree in illustration and creating some wonderful illustrations. These are just a few that she created for a papercraft collection on Create & Craft TV.




I printed out some backing paper from my Dreamees Pretty Pets CD to stamp my flowers onto as I knew it had the perfect paper I wanted for the flowers. I printed the flowers onto cream paper. I used two sizes of the something stitchy  flowers stamps and layered up my flowers to get plenty of dimension.




Have a look at the inspiration from the rest of the design team and what our crafters have been making for our blog challenge this month. There is a prize for the winning entry and a badge for your blog for the top 3 runners up.










.Happy Crafting
Michelle
x

4 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Michelle this is a stunning card. It is so pretty I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Jannet said...

This is such a gorgeous card, I love the happy little squirrels, and all of the lovely flowers. Stay safe x

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely gorgeous Michelle love the lacy doily shape,beautiful flowers and the fussy cut images
Carol x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you very much x

Birthday Card #brave

A quick share today: two cards I made towards the end of last year but not shared. I used the same fabulous stamp by Visible Image and just...