blog backbdrop

Saturday 7 November 2020

Gothic Wedding card

Today I have a wedding card which I am now able to share, that I was asked to make for a gothic themed wedding.


I really enjoyed making this card as it was a break from the traditional colours, using a 
detailed black lace die with accent flowers to match the bride's dress.

For my card base and main structure of my card I used my favourite Tattered Lace die set, the Fine Filament Portifino Square lace dies. I used 250gsm black textured colour core cardstock, layering the lace panels with pinfair glue gel to add a little dimension.


For the insert I used one of the lace-edged dies with a cream paper so that a personal message could be written inside. We agreed that the card didn't need any wording on the front either.

A mix of textures for the flowers. I was fortunate to be gifted some foamiran flowers by my very talented crafting colleague Monika Cohenna, which were perfect for my card. Monika makes the most beautiful foamiran flowers for her projects. I mixed these with two more that I had made from pearlescent paper.


I used mars red pearlescent paper from Stamps by Chloe, which is a thick lustrous pearl paper, holding the structure of flowers perfectly. I die cut these using my loops and lace flower dies by the Dreamees.
Adding large ruby gems in the centres and some rich red frosted berries to my posy of flowers which I already had in my stash from Anna Marie Designs.

I've used some 2cm red satin ribbon on a diamonte ribbon slider across the centre of the lace panel of the card and decorated parts of the die with tiny black pearls which can just be seen.


To accompany the card, I also made a two-tone box saving one of the flowers that I made for the lid.

I used the Dreamees poinsettia embossing folder with some black colour core card to create the decorative panel on the base and lid of my box. This is a great textured embossing folder and think it looks lush as a box liner.

This is my second gothic style card of late and I'm loving the change of theme.
I was really happy that they liked their card. I wasn't initially sure whether do go down the themed route when planning this card or focus more on the colour and flowers, but this die set has definitely made all the difference.

Have a great day, whatever you are doing and stay safe.

Happy crafting






5 comments:

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice work thanks for sharing!!!

Jackie T said...

Hi Michelle this is a gorgeous wedding card. I am sure the recipients were thrilled to receive it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks very much ladies x

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely stunning Gothic card love the gorgeous detailed die and beautiful flowers -the embossed panel does make a perfect box liner too
Carol x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you very much Carol x

Gothic Fairy Arch

I've finished my Gothic fairy arch and have a few pictures to share with you and I'm also going to add it to one of the monthly chal...