blog backbdrop

Thursday 5 November 2020

Shabby Chic Birthday

Today's card on my blog is a shabby chic birthday card using the design papers made by the very talented fellow crafter Alysha Sheridan. 

Alysha is a very talented and inspirational crafter and has designed many beautiful papers which she has made available to download for personal use on her own blog.
Please follow the link below.


Also this month on our blog challenge at Let's Craft and Create, we are running an add a sketch theme and I have used one of those on my card. As with all our challenges they are also ATG.

I printed the shabby chic paper onto some cream velour paper that I had bought from the Dreamees some time ago. I thought that this paper would be perfect for this project as it has a suede/felt-like feel to the paper, which is ideal for a shabby chic card.
I die cut the design paper and some cream card using the Dreamees Loops and Lace square die from their collection and layered the card using the shabby chic birdcage paper in a card sketch format, inking the edges of the card in powder blue dinky inky chalk ink by the Dreamees.


Using the flowers on the shabby chic design paper, I die cut them using one of the outline flower dies from the Dreamees Loop and Lace collection, as they fit around the flowers on the design paper nicely.




Between the layers, I added a wide strip of cream lace and carefully cut around the key on the shabby chic design paper which I had given a coating of glossy accent so that it made a nice embellishment for my card.
I used some 4mm gold Dreamees pearls to embellish my birthday card and added a personalised insert inside as I don't always add a sentiment to the front of my cards.
These papers are so pretty and will certainly be using more.

Our design team have also been busy this month with projects of their own and there is always lots of fabulous inspiration shared by the crafters on our blog too. If you are interested,  there is a prize for the winning entry, following our theme and a badge for your blog for the top 3 runners up. Just click on the link below which will take you to our blog challenge. 

Happy Crafting!






6 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Michelle this is a gorgeous card. It is just so pretty. Take care. Hugs Jackie

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks very much Jackie x

Beebeebabs said...

Beautiful work thanks for sharing!!!

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely beautiful Michelle and love the selection of dies
Carol x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks very much ladies x

Kristine said...

So beautiful! I love the colors, lace, diecut border, and especially the gorgeous flowers ♥ Thanks so much for signing up for my new progressive challenge! I've just emailed the image to you. Can't wait to see what you'll create!

♥Kris, owner/illustrator
www.ImagineThatDigistamp.com

Gothic Fairy Arch

I've finished my Gothic fairy arch and have a few pictures to share with you and I'm also going to add it to one of the monthly chal...