blog backbdrop

Tuesday 10 November 2020

Marleens Stocking

 I have a festive card to share today which is part of a monthly progressive digi  challenge


The challenge is imaginethatdigistamp.com. To get this cute digi stamp, you need to sign up this month to register and receive Marleen's Stocking free this month.  After you have created and uploaded your project to the challenge before the end of the month you will then be able to do the same the following month with the next free image as long as you continue to enter the challenges on a monthly basis.

I am only using 2 of the 3 papers from my downloads for my card today. I printed the holy backing paper onto a piece of 210gsm A4 white card and used my Tattered Lace precious nested die to make my card base.


With the festive tree backing paper, I decided to make some flowers out of it using my Dreamees flower dies.

Entering a digi challenge isn't normally something I would consider doing as I am not a colourist, but I thought I'd give it a go, especially as this digi image was really cute. I do own a few pens but mostly use my inks to paint. 

I used a mix of promarkers and Dreamees dinky inky sparkle inks for a little shimmer on the hat and stocking. I also added a little highlight to the flowers which doesn't show up in the picture. The clear sparkle in my dinky inkys has replaced the clear sparkle overlay pen that I used to buy from Crafters Companion.

You can just see the texture on the Santa's hat from the stickles glitter glue in frosted lace. One thing I really like about digi images is how easy it is to resize them to suit your project.


Have a good day, whatever you are doing and stay safe.
Happy Crafting


Entered into the following challenges:- 




10 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Michelle this is a stunning. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Lindsey said...

Love the flowers! They make a gorgeous embellishment corner for your sweet card. Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge!

Kristine said...

Wow so creative using one of the included papers to make poinsettias❣🥰 love it, and loving that you added shimmer to the flowers as well. Lovely card, and thanks for playing at Imagine That Digistamp
Cheers, Kris

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you very much for your kind comments x

crafty-stamper said...

Great card and love the cute digi and beautiful flowers-your colouring looks fine to me
Carol x

Beebeebabs said...

Very cute card and image!!!

Kuni said...

Lovely and cute card.
Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
Hugs
Kuni

Wei said...

Beautiful project. Thanks for playing along with us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries. And sorry for the belated comment.

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

thank you very much x

Deanne Saunders said...

Beautiful!! Thanks so much for participating in our IMAGINE THAT! PROGRESSIVE challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!!Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Gothic Fairy Arch

I've finished my Gothic fairy arch and have a few pictures to share with you and I'm also going to add it to one of the monthly chal...