blog backbdrop

Thursday 5 November 2020

Christmas Tags

 A little festive offering for you today in the shape of a large gift tag for presents, stockings or just to loop over the door handle to show that "Santa has been"......


Also, this is the last challenge for the year for us at Daisy Chains Blog Challenges, so we are seeing it out with a festive one but as with all our challenges, they are also ATG.


For my topper, I used one of the stamps from the Dreamees Santa Paws stamp set which has been stamped with Versmark ink and heat embossed with bright white opaque Wow embossing powder onto some Crafters Companion Neena Desert Storm card stock that I found in my stash. I used my Dreamees sparkle dinky inky reinkers to colour the image. When my image was dry, I went over the fur trim with my stickles in frosted lace, which is another of my favourite things to use. Also handy for my snowflakes as the stickles leave just the right amount of texture and sparkle. I used the walnut sparkle dinky inky around the edges of my die.

My stamped topper has been die cut using the Dreamees Loops and Lace square frame die. I die cut this again using the outer die, but this time onto a piece of kraft card and then used their poinsettia embossing folder (another favourite of mine) for added texture to the back.


For my pinecones, I used this gorgeous stamp by Skull and Cross Buns. I have had this stamp a few years and Emily designs all her stamps herself, just like the Dreamees.  Its a good sized chunky rubber stamp that comes mounted on a wooden block and stamps perfectly every time. I have stamped on both sides of my pine cone so that you have the detail on the reverse also.

This Crystal branch stamps is faithful go to every year from Stamps by Chloe - Chloe Endean. Unfortunately, this stamp is now retired. I use a lot of Chloe's Wow mix embossing powders too. I have stamped and heat embossed with versamark ink and Chloe's Hollywood Hills Wow embossing powder onto acetate.


For the tag I have used a piece of red textured 300gsm colour core card with some patterned paper from my stash that was printed onto this great velvet paper the Dreamees used to stock, which has a suede texture to it.   To match the stitched ribbon that I had used, I edged my label with a white gel pen. 

The rest of our design team have also been making some lovely projects this month, along with so many great crafters on our blog every month. It's always lovely to see the inspiration everyone shares. Please use the link below to take you to the blog challenge and thanks for the visit.


Happy crafting



5 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Michelle your tags are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Shabneez said...

This is such a pretty festive make. Shabneez x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you very much ladies x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous tag Michelle and love the pine cones
Carol x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks very much, Carol x

Gothic Fairy Arch

I've finished my Gothic fairy arch and have a few pictures to share with you and I'm also going to add it to one of the monthly chal...