blog backbdrop

Sunday 14 March 2021

Honey Bear

The project I am sharing today is part of the monthly progressive digi blog challenge with Imagine that digistamp.

As I took part in last month's challenge  I was sent this months digi pack the Honey Bear, to use in this months challenge.


I used my Tattered Lace hexagon nested pindot dies for my card base with two of the three design papers provided, creating a picture frame front for my honey bear image to sit comfortably into. I used the smallest hexagon die to make honeycomb embellishments on the edge of my card. I decoupaged the pre-coloured image of my bear to add a little dimension and used one of the sentiments, which I die cut into a tag. This sentiment is so cute.


One of the great things about digi images is that you can re-size them which makes them even more versatile when you are crafting. I resized these daisies, which I absolutely love and clustered them into 3s, which made them easier for me to cut out and position where I wanted them on my project.The other brilliant thing about them is that they can be coloured for you or left for you to add your own. I also used my favourite go-to product, glossy accent and used it on the honey, sentiment and flower centres.


I used the same bumblebee pattern design paper on the back of my card and thought that I'd also carry the design through to the inside also, where I used more of the sentiments. I added a few little flowers too.


For my second little card, I added the other pre-coloured honey bear image to the turquoise daisy design paper before I printed it out. I also enlarged these gorgeous daisies which I think would make really cool daisy chains and all sorts of other things too which is why I really like this particular really simple digi stamp.


Glossy Accent has also been added to the honey and the flower centres as well as a little shimmer added to the beehive too. The reason I really like the simplicity of flowers like this is that they are easier to cut out and layer up to make really pretty dimensional flowers like this.


This was my favourite sentiment from the pack that I was sent and one that I will definitely be using again in my projects. I added a few more flowers to the inside of the card to balance it out.

I didn't get to use one of the beautiful design papers from this collection but as there are so many elements that I will revisit for future projects, it will give me a good excuse to share another project soon.

Have a look at some of the inspiration Kris at Imagine That Digistamp and her design team have provided for her designs, along with the other crafters' contributions who have joined in this challenge to which are always really interesting to see.

Happy Crafting!










12 comments:

Kristine said...

Michelle, these are both WOW projects! I ❤ that you cut them in honeycomb shapes and your decoupage technique is so awesome to see with this set. Loving what you did with the flowers!! Thank you so much for creating not one but TWO really cute cards and linking up at Imagine That Digistamp❣🥰 Bee sure to link any more project with this set in my Customer Gallery so I don't miss seeing them 😊

cheers, kris

aussie aNNie said...

Adorable card, love the design and images, great colouring. xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Michelle your cards are gorgeous. I love them both. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Chris said...

Two stunning cards Michelle, the little bears are adorable, love the designs- the hexagon shape is perfect for the honey theme, the pretty papers and layered flowers are gorgeous, such sweet sentiments also
xx

monique said...

fab

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice cards thanks for sharing!!!

crafty-stamper said...

Both gorgeous cards Michelle love the cute image,beautiful flowers and the hexagon shape
Carol x

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic projects, Michelle, and I love the bee theme, bees are so important for us. Have a wonderful weekend, take care! Hugs, Valerie

pinky said...

Oh wow I am so loving these Michelle. So much attention to detail and such a great shape!

Katy said...

I love these cards! I love the yellow honey comb hexagon card-that bear is so cute! and I love how you created the flowers and the honey. I love that the bear looks great with yellow or blue. The blue hexagon card is so sweet and I love the bigger flowers on it. So creative! :)

Kristine said...

Hi again Michelle, I just tried sending you this next month's DOTM and it was returned to me. It said...

"Your message wasn't delivered to ----------------- because the address couldn't be found, or is unable to receive mail."

Please contact me a.s.a.p. so we can see how to get you the file. (krisb.imaginethat@gmail.com) Thanks! Kris

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

I have just sent you a message Kris thanks and thank you all for your lovely comments x

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...