blog backbdrop

Friday 5 March 2021

Something stitchy Birthday card

Today I am sharing a birthday card that I was asked to make for a friend that liked sewing.   As this card focuses more on sewing and less on flowers which I normally like to add on, I felt that a 6x6 card would be the ideal size with the dies that I was intending to use.


The beginning of March sees the start of a new blog challenge also for us at Let's Craft & Create with another colour theme. For March it's purple & green as with all our blog challenges they are also ATG.
On the white card base, I used a layer of The Dreamees sage green card along with the papers from their fantasy florals paper pad. One of the design papers in this collection has a print which resembles linen, so I used that with the Dreamees loops & lace doily die to form the centrepiece in my card.


I used the sparkle dinky inkies around the edges of my papers which added a little tone as well as a little shimmer in just the right places. I used one of the border dies from the loops and lace collection to create a panel for the strip of lavender lace to sit on, but most of it is hidden behind the doily.


I had the perfect set of dies for this card which I used from my Tattered Lace Pastel Haven collection, I printed the charisma papers onto glossy card, decoupaged the pincushion a little and added glossy accent to the pinheads and foe pearls on the pincushion.


The sewing table just needed to be given a little shape and I added a little piece of pink cotton behind the die-cut to look as if the sewing machine had been threaded, as well as a little glossy accent on a few reels to make them stand out.  I think I would be lost without glossy accent, it makes all the difference. This die actually comes with some wording but not what I needed for this project so I added my own.
I added a few of the die cut buttons and some lavender readymade flowers as I thought they suited this card better and then after adding the pearls and checking everything over I add the verse to go inside.

I could have made a bigger card as I have been making bigger cards lately, but sometimes I think it's easy to lose focus on what you set out to achieve and before you know it you have extra space on a card to fill and you start adding bits that you hadn't originally intended. Sometimes, less really is more.

Our design team have also been busy this month with projects of their own and there is always lots of fabulous inspiration shared by the crafters on our blog too. If you are interested,  there is a prize for the winning entry, following our theme and a badge for your blog for the top 3 runners up. Just click on the link below which will take you to our blog challenge. 

Happy Crafting!






9 comments:

Chris said...

This is gorgeous Michelle, beautiful die cuts and papers- LOVE your attention to detail - threading up the sewing machine!!
xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Michelle this is a gorgeous birthday card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card Michelle love the beautiful papers,and all the sewing elements
Carol x

pinky said...

Michelle that is such a pretty card. I come from a house full of stitchers (all sadly passed now) but they would have loved to receive a card a beautiful as this.

Beebeebabs said...

Such a beautiful card!!!

Valerie-Jael said...

What a gorgeous Card, so many beautiful details to enjoy! Have a great Weekend, hugs, Valerie

mamawcindy said...

What a pretty card, Love It! Just the perfect amount of flowers. Purples and Lavender are my favorite colors. The person that receives this is going to love it. Thanks for sharing. Hope you have a wonderful week.
cindys-greencricut

Katy said...

This is soooo pretty!! I love that sewing machine!

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you for your lovely comments x

Easter Cards

I have a few Easter cards that I'm sharing today and I've been using the Signature Series Digital Florist Everything Anemone Cardmak...