blog backbdrop

Friday 5 March 2021

A Friendship Dish Birthday Card

Today's share is a birthday card that was made for a friends birthday and I have used the design papers to make my flowers with as well as for the card itself.
It is also the start of our blog challenge over on Daisy Chains this month and our theme for that is flowers and as always, there is an ATG option. As my card has lots of flowers as a focal point around a sentiment, I thought it would be a good one to share this month.

For my 8x8 inch card, I used the cocoa and lace paper pad by the Dreamees, also an ideal colour palette to suit my friend too.


To make my flowers, I used the Dreamees Loops and Lace flower dies with the patterned papers along the leaf dies from the embellishment die set.
For the centres of some of the flowers, I used a quilling tool to create the rolled centres, which makes flower making a lot easier as I'm not as dexterous as I used to be. I don't mind how long it takes me to make flowers, as long as the look how I want them to look in the end.
On a piece of pale grey vellum from my stash, I heat embossed the friendship dish sentiment from the Dreamees using bright white Wow embossing powder. This sentiment was one of the very early Dreamee sentiment stamps and has been very well used over the years.
I used the border die from oval die set in the Loops & Lace collection to make the lacy centre border and added a strip of white lace and some flat backed flower shaped pearl strings by Hobby House from my stash under the centre panel where my stamped sentiment sit.


It's such a pretty paper pad, very subtle and I love the mix of lace and latte in this one.
I normally have a 12x12 card pad in my stash to make boxes or enveloboxes for my cards as I do like making bigger cards to incorporate all my flowers on how I want them.

The rest of our design team have also been making some lovely projects this month, along with so many great crafters on our blog every month. It's always lovely to see the inspiration everyone shares. Please use the link below to take you to the blog challenge and thanks for the visit.



happy crafting!


6 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Michelle this is a stunning card. It is just so beautiful. Have a good weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

crafty-stamper said...

Stunning card Michelle,love the beautiful flowers
Carol x

pinky said...

That is super pretty. Love the soft colour palette and your gorgeous handmade flowers Michelle!

Loose Stitches said...

Such a beautiful creation Michelle, I love your flowers!
Crafty Hugs, Sherry xx

Katy said...

This is gorgeous! I love the flowers. And its 8 by 8! Wow! Such a beautiful card to give to someone! :)

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you very much for your lovely comments x

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...