blog backbdrop

Wednesday 24 March 2021

Musical Soul birthday card

My card today is a stamped card that I made for my son's birthday with a musical theme to it as he is a budding musician.



To create the background and the topper for my card I used Tim Holtz distress oxide ink pads in peacock feathers and twisted citron. I love these distress oxides, they are perfect for layering colour without losing tone.


The card I used for this project happened to be Hunkydory ink Me 300 gsm card. It's a beautiful super smooth card which takes the ink really well and I think I am running very low on it.

For the main image I used one of my many favourite stamps by Visible Image - Jazz it up and the reason I chose this one is simple, not only is it a brilliantly textured stamp, but my son also plays the saxophone. I stamped and heat embossed my image with black embossing powder to add to the textured finish on this stamp.


I created a stamped border around my topper and the background that I had made, using the small splatter stamp from the Music on - World off stamp set by Visible Image. I also added glossy accent to the piano notes from the piano/keyboard stamp in the  Jazz It Up stamp set, along with the scales and musical notes from Sheena Douglass's Music & Dance stamp set.



Visible Image has some really thought provoking sentiments to accompany their stamp sets and I love the slightly blurred typewriter style too.



I used black card to frame the topper and my background too before backing it onto my white cardstock. I also chose these colours as my son likes green and I liked the two-tone blend of the colours that I have used.


I didn't feel that it needed to have a birthday sentiment on the front as I added a personal verse for the inside of the card and I made an envelope using some two-tone 12x12 card from my stash that I had bought some time ago from The Works, great shop.



I love to hear my son play the saxophone, he has an ear for music and a  natural ability to play. I can't even read music let alone play an instrument.....unless you count the recorder in junior school ha ha....not a good memory!!

Music is the one thing that can unite souls around the world from every walk of life.
"Music is a world within itself, it is a world that we all understand "- Stevie Wonder
Enjoy your day,


10 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and image I love the sentiment and beautiful verse.I can't read music either but youngest son taught himself to play the drums and guitar.
Carol x

Chris said...

What a beautiful card you've created for your son. Fabulous stamps and gorgeous inky background. I'm sure he will be touched by the thoughts and love that you've put into creating this. The verse inside is lovely.
xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous card with a beautiful message! Valerie

Jackie T said...

Hi Michelle this is a gorgeous card you have made for your son. I bet he loves it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you very much for your lovely comments x

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice card thanks for sharing!!!

aussie aNNie said...

wow this is awesome, absolutely love that green and black combo. x

pinky said...

Oh wow I am sure your son loved this! The colours are beautiful, the background is so perfect and what a sweet verse!

Katy said...

This card is awesome! I love those colors, and I love the saxophone playing stamp! That piano border is great too. This is the perfect birthday card :)

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks so much for your lovely comments x

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...