blog backbdrop

Wednesday 5 May 2021

Say it with sunflowers

It's all about the sunflowers at the moment, and the card that I am sharing was the birthday card that I made for my friend's birthday in March, to go with the mdf shutter artboard in one of my previous posts.




It's also the start of a new blog challenge this month at Daisy Chains and our theme is to add some ribbon. As with all our challenges, there is an ATG option.

I have used:-
  • Kraft card 
  • Dreamees - Ray of Sunshine 8x8 paper pad
  • Tattered Lace - Design Team - A wreath for all seasons - sunflower dies
  • Dreamees Sweet Sunflowers stamp set
  • Antique gold satin ribbon
  • Dreamees 4mm olive pearls





I like working on bigger cards but as I make envelopes/boxes for my cards, I have found it easier to work with 7inch cards as that works better with the size of card that I have to make my boxes.........which I don't normally think about until the card is made.

So, on a 7 nch kraft card base, I have used the same design paper from the pad to form the layered panelled design on my card. This particular print of the sunflower would  have looked beautiful just in a frame untouched. 


I did think about using my stamps but, I remembered how beautiful these die cut sunfowers were from Tattered Lace's Design Teams collection - A wreath for all seasons; with their matching charisma papers.

So I inked the edges and layered them up adding with some stamped leaves from the Dreamees sweet sunflowers stamp set and thought they went quite well together. The sentiment is also from the same stamp set.

The rest of our design team have also been making some lovely projects this month, along with so many great crafters on our blog every month. It's always lovely to see the inspiration everyone shares. Please use the link below to take you to the blog challenge and thanks for the visit.

Happy Crafting




9 comments:

Chris said...

Gorgeous card, the papers are beautiful, love your layered panels and the added sunflowers.
xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Michelle this is a stunning card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutelt beautiful card and papers love the Sunflowers
Carol x

Shabneez said...

Such a pretty creation Michelle - I love sunflowers and in fact my son is growing one! Shabneez x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you so much for your lovely comments x

pinky said...

Beautiful card and gorgeous layout. That is one great die to have!!

Katy said...

This is gorgeous! I love your sunflowers! :)

aussie aNNie said...

wow this is stunning Michelle, wonder why your posts don't show on my blog.....xx

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks so much x

Birthday Card #brave

A quick share today: two cards I made towards the end of last year but not shared. I used the same fabulous stamp by Visible Image and just...