blog backbdrop

Wednesday 5 May 2021

Capture the Moment - Birthday Card

I have some men's cards to share today, which were made for my brother and brother-in-law. They are virtually the same, apart from the colour ink that I have used. 


It's also the start of our blog challenge at Let's Craft & Create and as we have a no patterned paper theme, I thought that this would be a good project to share. A with all our challenges, they are also ATG.


The camera was stamped twice onto white stamping card, for each card, so that I could decoupage the camera lens. I then added clear embossing powder to the top layer to give the camera lens the illusion of a clear lens.


For my background and topper for each card, I used Peacock feather & Salty Ocean with Antique Linen & Black Soot distress oxides by Tim Holz. I mimicked a random bokeh effect using one of the circle stamps from the Visible Image - Music on Wold Off stamp set in frayed burlap distress oxide.


I mounted the topper on foam pads to add a little dimension and used the splat stamp from the same stamp set around the edges of the card in black soot with some 2nd generation stamping.


I also went for a more faded look with my negative stamp on the background of my topper. I love this stamp by Inkylicious. I bought this film strip years ago and it's been well used and is a great quality grunge effect stamp.


This is about as close as you will get with me making two cards the same, hence why I would not be the right person to make your wedding invitations.......I suppose they would be unique... as they would all be different ...ha ha.

Anyway, I have backed these onto smokey grey card before mounting them on the white card.I thought it needed a softer colour than black.

Great wording for a card, of course by Visible Image, unique stamps and wording.  On a card like this, I add a personal sentiment inside, so I focus on what I want to create rather than worry about putting a birthday sentiment on the front.

Our design team have also been busy this month with projects of their own and there is always lots of fabulous inspiration shared by the crafters on our blog too. If you are interested,  there is a prize for the winning entry, following our theme and a badge for your blog for the top 3 runners up. Just click on the link below which will take you to our blog challenge. 

Happy Crafting






5 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Michelle these cards are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous cards and backgrounds Michelle and love the camera stamp
Carol x

pinky said...

I am loving these cards! Gorgeous backgrounds too and love how you bumped up the sentiments Michelle!

Katy said...

These cards are awesome! I love the cameras! They look so realistic! :)

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks very much for your lovely comments x

Gothic Fairy Arch

I've finished my Gothic fairy arch and have a few pictures to share with you and I'm also going to add it to one of the monthly chal...