blog backbdrop

Monday 16 May 2022

April Memory Book Page

Today I am sharing April's flip-flap memory book pages from the monthly group swap that I have been involved in.


I try to use as many Dreamees products where possible to comply with the swap but more importantly, it's about having fun creating. 

There's a bit of a bunny theme going on here and I kind of enjoy creating a scene when using my little critter stamps as its so easy to mix and match lots of your sets to work together.

For these book pages I was working with a black and another colour of choice, so I decided to go with the Dreamees sensational sepia paper pad throughout.



One of the design papers created the backdrop for the scene of  "the carrot hunt" for my Easter bunnies



On the adjacent page a portrait of the golden bunny nestled in some die cut fretwork frill flowers. I decided to use some of Debbi Moore's metal magic for the bunny and a couple of the sentiments. This is amazing stuff. It works very much like an embossing powder except you stamp into it when it has reached its melting point. It sets like an embellishment in about 20 minutes. Also, this stuff lasts ages.

On the reverse side of my book page I have gone for a creativity theme.

The mdf dream catcher has been painted with black gesso and then covered with sparkly black embossing powder. On the background, I used texture paste through a brick stencil and then spritzed it with a Pretty Gets Gritty pearl spray in toffee, also adding some to the paper roses.


On my last page, I chose one of the Dreamees recipe stamps and created some artist easels with inspirational quotes.


Finally, I added some ATC cards, which always complete my book pages, one made with Dreamees stamps and the other using the Just Fly digi stamp by Vera Lane Studios.

Have a great day, whatever you have planned for yourself

Happy crafting




5 comments:

Chris said...

More beautiful pages Michelle- my favourite has to be the carrot hunt, such a lovely idea, a great take on an egg hunt and all those little bunnies are so cute!. As always a wonderful variety of stamps and embellishments and some fantastic techniques.
xx

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous card and image -lovely colours. Sorry not always able to comment as my facebook group takes up a fair bit of my time...x

pinky said...

Absolutely stunning work Michelle. You have such an eye for detail, everything looks so interesting and perfect!

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you for your lovely comments ladies x

crafty-stamper said...

More fabulous pages-not sure how I missed these? LOve the art pages and beautiful Dream Catcher,all the cute little bunnies and great door
Carol x

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...