blog backbdrop

Wednesday 5 July 2023

Birthday Ranunculus flower card

A special birthday card to share for a friend today. I knew what I wanted to make for this one and by changing the type of paper that I decided to print my downloadable file on, totally changed how my card turned out.


I used the Digital Florist Ranunculus Flower Former Sheet by Opulence by Design, which comes with 2 bonus plain colour sheets. I printed these onto Centura Pearl snow white pearlescent paper from Crafters Companion. I love this paper and use this to die cut my flowers too.


These flowers are so beautiful on their own but by printing onto a different paper you can create a totally different texture and fantasy flowers for your projects especially if you layer them up and edge them with a gold ink pad as I have done here.

 I have used the my pokey tool to curl some the petals very slightly and thought the pearls finished them off nicely. These were large beads, you can hide the holes easily, I find sometimes flat back pearls don't nest as well in the centre.


I printed the lightest colour sheet onto Centura Pearl snow white pearlescent paper to coordinate with my flowers and used the papers to die cut too. The dies I have used for this card are the Centre of Attention die from the Portmanteau collection from Tattered Lace. 


I do love this die collection by Tattered Lace and I have layered the dress on the mannequin with the papers to add some dimension.

I normally make an envelobox for my cards that have a bit of dimension to them and as this is A5 in size I know that I can easily make one out of a piece of 12 x 12 inch cardstock so that it will hopefully reach its destination as it left.

If you are interested in more inspiration from Opulence by Design and love crafting and making flowers as I do you can follow her on  Youtube https://www.youtube.com/@opulencebydesign/featured

Have a great week whatever you have planned for your self

Happy crafting


Challenges: 



10 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous card, Michelle, the flowers are fantastic! Hugs, Valerie

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a fabulous card Michelle

gr karin

Chris said...

A beautiful card, it looks very lush with all the shades of gold, gorgeous flowers!
xx

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous elegant card Michelle love the gorgeous flowers and beautiful paper you used
Carol x

Ellibelle said...

So many wonderful details on the card and it's beautiful inside and out! Thank you so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge this month!

Cheryl W. said...

This is so pretty! The type of paper used really does make a difference in the look of flowers.

aussie aNNie said...

Absolutely stunning! This is one amazing card and design x

brenda said...

It has such a rich feel to it with the tone on tone shades.

B x

Brenda said...

Such a beautiful, elegant card. Iʻm filing that idea about changing the papers up, brilliant!

Beverley said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining in our challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
Bev x

Gothic Fairy Arch

I've finished my Gothic fairy arch and have a few pictures to share with you and I'm also going to add it to one of the monthly chal...